All India Institute of Medical Sciences
Courses offered: Post Graduate / Post Doctoral Courses for January 2010 Session
A. MD/ MS / M.Ch. (6 years) / MDS:
1. MD / MS
a) CLINICAL SCIENCES
Anaesthesiology, Dermatology & Venereology, Medicine, Nuclear Medicine, Obst. & Gynaecology, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Otorhinolaryngology, Paediatrics, Psychiatry, Radio-diagnosis, Radiotherapy, Surgery, Community Medicine, Phy. Med. & Rehabilitation
b) BASIC CLINICAL SCIENCES
Anatomy, Bio-Chemistry, Biophysics, Forensic Medicine, Lab. Medicine, Microbiology, Pathology, Pharmacology, Physiology
Orthodontics, Prosthodontics, Conservative Dentistry, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
2. M.Ch. (6 years): Neurosurgery
B. DM / M.Ch.
Cardiology, Cardiac – Anesthesiology, Clinical Hematology, Endocrinology, Gastroenterology, Haemato-Pathology, Medical Oncology, Neonatology, Nephrology, Neuro- Anesthesiology, Neurology
Neuro-Radiology, Paediatric Neurology, Clinical Pharmacology
Neuro-Surgery, Paed. Surgery, Urology, G.L Surgery
C. Master in Hospital Administration (MHA)
D) D. Ph.D.
Anatomy, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Cardiac-Biochemistry, Community Medicine, Dermatology & Venereology, Forensic Medicine, Gastroenterology & HNU, Hematology, Transplant immunology &
Immunogenetics, Lab. Medicine (Microbiology), Medical Oncology (IRCH), Microbiology, Neurology, Neuro-Biochemistry, Obst. & Gynaecology, Opthalmology (Dr. R.P. Centre), Occuular Biochemistry (Dr. RP Centre), Occuular Microbiology (Dr. R.P. Centre), Community Opthalmology (Dr. RP Centre), Pathology, Paediatrics, Pediatric Surgery, Physiology
1. For MD / MS /M.Ch (6 years) / MDS Courses : i) MBBS/BDS degree of a University recognised by the MCI/DCI. ii) 55% aggregate marks in all MBBS/BDS professional examinations (50% in the case of candidates belonging to SCs/STs). iii) Must have completed the required period of 12 months pre-registration internship from a recognized hospital on or before 30th Jan., 2010.
Candidates who have already done/are pursuing MD/MS/MDS in any subject the time of counselling are not eligible for MD/MS/MDS courses.
2. For DM / M.Ch. Courses :
A candidate must possess a degree in MD/MS or DNB from a University recognized by the MCI in the respective discipline as mentioned hereunder :— (a) M.D. in Medicine/ Pediatrics for D.M. in Cardiology, Endocrinology, Nephrology, Neurology, Medical Oncology and Clinical Haematology. (b) M.D. in Medicine for D.M. in Gastroenterology. (c) M.D. in Pathology for D.M. in Haem. Pathology, (d) M.D. in Radio-diagnosis for D.M. in Neuro-Radiology (e) M.D. in Anaesthesiology for D.M. in Cardiac-Anaesthesiology and Neuro-Anaesthesiology (f) M.D. in Paediatrics for D.M. in Neonatology and Paediatric Neurology (g) M.D. in Medicine / Pharmacology/ Pediatrics for D.M. in Clinical Pharmacology (h) M.Ch.: A candidate must possess M.S. degree in Surgery of this institute or any other university recognized by the MCI.
Note : The candidates who are likely to complete 3 years requisite tenure and degree by 30th Jan., 2010 may also apply. However, the candidates who complete their 3 years requisite tenure after 30th Jan., 2010 are not eligible to take-up this examination.
Upper Age Limit : For DM / M.Ch. Courses : 35 years as on 1st Jan., 2010 relaxable in case of SC/ST candidates by a maximum of 5 years and for OBC candidates 3 years. (There is no upper age limit for sponsored candidates).
3. For Master in Hospital Administration (M.H.A.):
For medical graduates : MBBS or an equivalent degree with not less than 55% aggregate marks with 3 years experience in a recognised hospital or 5 years experience in general practice.
For non-medical graduates (eligible for sponsored seats only) : (a) Bachelors degree of a recognized University in Arts or Science or Nursing or Business Administration or Commerce or Engineering or any technical subject with at least 60% marks. (b) 7 years experience in a responsible administrative position.
4. For Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) : A degree ot M.Sc. or Masters degree in any subject allied to Bio Medical Sciences or Master‘s degree in Nursing with at least 60% marks, or MD/MS or an equivalent degree or Diplomate of the National Board of Examinations or MBBS degree with not less than 55% aggregate marks.
Note : The candidates who are likely to complete requisite qualification and awarded degree by 30th Jan., 2010 may also apply. However, the candidates who are completing their requisite qualification alter 30th Jan., 2010 are not eligible to take-up this examination.
Application procedure: Prospectus-Cum-Application Forms (common for all the above mentioned courses) costing Rs.1000/- (Genaral / OBC Category) and
Rs.800/- (SC / ST Category) can be obtained against CASH PAYMENT from any of the following branches of S.B.I. as per schedule indicated below :
1. Andhra Pradesh • i) Osman Gunj, M.J. Road, Hyderabad ii) Main Branch, Rednam Garden, Visakhapatnam. 2. Blhar – Main Branch, West Gandhi Maidan, Patna. 3. Chandigarh – Punjab Univ., Sector-14. 4. Chhattisgarh: Kutchery Chowk, Raipur. 5. Delhi – i) Ansari Nagar, ii) Delhi University, iii) Swasthaya Vihar, iv) Main Branch, Parliament Street, v) Tilak Nagar, vi) Lajpat Nagar (Ring Road). 6. Gujarat – Gujarat Univ. Branch, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad. 7. Himachal Pradesh – The Mall, Main Branch, Shimla. 8. Jharkhand – S.N. Ganguli Road, Ranchi. 9. J&K – i) Hari Market, Jammu ii) Main Branch, Srinagar. 10. Karnataka- State Bank Road, Bangaluru. 11. Kerala – i) Main Branch, M.G. Rd., Thiruvananthapuram, ii) K.K. Road, Kottayam. 12. Maharashtra – i) I.I.T. Powai, Mumbai, ii) Medical College, Nagpur, iii) Main Branch, Collector Office Compound, Pune iv) Kranti Chowk, Aurangabad. 13. Madhya Pradesh- i) Sultania Road Branch, Bhopal, ii) G.R. Medical College Branch, JAH Campus, Gwallor. 14. Orissa – Main Branch, Collectorate Compound, Cuttack. 15. Punjab – Town Hall, Main Branch, Amritsar, 16. Rajasthan – Tonk Road, Jaipur. 17. Tamil Nadu – i) Madras University Branch, Chennai, ii) Main Branch, Rajaji Salai, Chennai. 18. U.P – i) Main Branch, Moti Mahal Marg, Lucknow, ii) Sec.-2, Noida, iii) Navyug Market, Ghaziabad. 19. West Bengal – i) Kalighat, S.P.M. Road, Kolkata, ii) Park Street, Kolkata.
The forms can also be obtained BY POST by sending a crossed Bank Draft for Rs. 1050/- for General/OBC and Rs. 850/- for S.C./S.T. category, drawn in favour of the “AIIMS-PG Jan., 2010″. The Bank Draft should be payable at New Delhi and should be valid upto March/ April, 2010. Indian Postal Orders, money orders, cheques or cash will NOT be accepted for postal sale.
The request should reach the Assistant Controller of Examinations, All India institute of Medical Sciences. Ansari Nagar, New Delhi-110 608 on or before 10th October, 2009. The address at which Application Form is required should be written clearly in CAPITAL LETTERS and with PIN code. The following words should be written on top of the envelope: “Request for Application Form for AIIMS-PG/Post Doctoral Courses, Jan. 2010 Session”.
AllMS will not be responsible for delay / non-receipt of Application Form caused by illegible or incomplete address.
Note : 1. Central/State sponsored/Foreign national candidates are also required to fill in the prescribed application form. 2. A candidate can apply for DM / M.Ch. & Ph.D. Courses on a separate application form.
Email : -
Further details can be taken from: website: www.aiims.edu
Address: Ansari Nagar,New Delhi 110029
Last date of submission of Forms: 14.10.2009 by 5.00 pm
Last date of Issue of application form : At SBI Branches: 10.10.2009
At SBI Branches of Ansari Nagar & Parliament Street, New Delhi: 14.10.2009
By Post: 10.10.2009
Date of Entrance Test : MD/ MS / M.Ch. (6 years) / MDS: 15th November, 2009 in Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata & Mumbai
DM / M.Ch./ MHA: 13th December, 2009 at Delhi
Ph.D: 17th January, 2010 in Delhi only