All India Pre Veterinary Test (AIPVT) Notification 2010 | Veterinary Council of India BVSc and AH Course Admission Notification 2010
Veterinary Council of India (VCI)
Veterinary Council of India invites applications for entrance examination for filling up 15% of total number of seats to be filled on Merit in each Government Veterinary College in India (except from Jammu& Kashmir State) from Indian Nationals for admission to 1st year of BVSc&AH course for academic session 2010-11.
The Controller of Examination
Veterinary Council of India
“A” Wing, 2nd Floor, August Kranti Bhawan,
Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi-110066
1. Candidates can submit applications for AIPVT-2010 either “Offline” on prescribed Application Form or make anApplication “Online”.
2. Candidates must follow the instructions strictly as given in the Information Bulletin/ Council’s website.
3. Candidates must retain the Application Form number and photocopy of filled in Application Form or the photocopy of the printout of the computer generated Application Form as the case may be with them as reference for future correspondence.
4. Online submission of Application may be made by accessing website for Online submission of Application would be available on the said website of Councilw.e.f. 04.01.2010 (10.00A.M.) to 15.02.2010 (5.00 P.M).
5. (a) Please ensure before mailing theApplication by Post that:
(I) The columns in the Form are filled up with darkening of the circles wherever applicable in case of Offline Application Form.
(II) The applicant has signed the Form at specified place.
(III) One good contrast black & white passport size photograph (taken on or after 04.01.2010) is duly pasted in the space earmarked for it.
(b) Use the enclosed addressed envelope for despatch of Offline Application. For Online submission of Application Form, use an A4 size envelope and mention “Online Application forAIPVT-2010” on the top of the envelope.
6. Candidates must preserve the Admit Cards and 5 (five) photographs as pasted in Application Form till admission.
7. Retain postal receipt of despatch of theApplication.
8. Application is to be despatched by Only to:-
1. All India Pre-Veterinary Test-2010 shall be held on Saturday, the 08th May, 2010 (2.00 to 5.00 P.M.).
2. Two boxes at the top of Application Form are for office use only. Candidates are advised not to write anything in these boxes.
3. Online Applications shall not be considered for issuing Admit Card until the Applications are also received by post complete in all respect along with required examination fee through Demand Draft before the closing date as for Offline Application
1. The Higher Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination equivalent to 10+2 Higher/Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years of study the last two years of study with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and any other elective subject with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council for Education Research and Training after the introduction of the 10+2+3 (years) educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education.
2. The Intermediate Science examination in science from a recognized University/Board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology (which shall include a practical test in these subjects) and English.
Minimum marks: To be eligible for AIPVT, candidate must have passed any of the qualifying examinations as enumerated above. Further, he/she should have obtained a minimum of 50% marks for General Category in aggregate in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English at 10+2 /Intermediate Science Examination. Provided also that to be eligible for AIPVT the candidate must have passed the aforesaid subjects individually. For the candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste/the Scheduled Tribes or other special category (Other Backward Classes) of students as specified by the Government from time to time, marks required foradmission shall be 10% less than that prescribed for General Category.
Age limit: He / She has attained or will attain the age of Seventeen (17) years as on 31st December, 2010. Candidates attaining seventeen years on 1st of January, 2011 or later will not be eligible to appear at the AIPVT.
How To Apply:
A. The Information Bulletin and Application Form can be obtained by post on payment of Rs 850/-for General Category/OBC and Rs 450/- for SC/ST category (including examination fee, processing and other charges) through a Demand Draft drawn in favour of “Veterinary Council of India- Examination Fund” payable at New Delhi on any Scheduled Bank from the office of Controller of Examination, Veterinary Council of India, ‘A’ Wing, 2nd Floor, August Kranti Bhawan, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi-110 066. While requesting Information Bulletin andApplication Form, the candidates should send: -
Demand Draft (Cash/ Money order/Indian Postal Order / Cheque or any other form of payment will NOT be accepted. Demand Draft issued prior to the date of advertisement will not be accepted).
Two plain paper slips with name and complete address (in CAPITAL LETTERS) with PIN-code.
(B) The Information Bulletin and Application Form can also be obtained by hand from the office of the following Registrars of State Veterinary Councils on payment of Rs 800/- for General Category /OBC and Rs 400/- for SC/ST category through a Demand Draft drawn in favour of “Veterinary Council of India- Examination Fund” payable at New Delhi on any Scheduled Bank:-
Andaman & Nicobar UT Veterinary Council, Directorate of Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Services, Haddo, Port Blair -744102.
Nagaland State Veterinary Council, Directorate of Veterinary and AH, Kohima-797001.
Tripura Veterinary Council, Veterinary Complex, Astabal Agartala-799005.
Manipur Veterinary Council Sanjenthong, Imphal-795001.
Mizoram State Veterinary Council, Directorate of Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Services, Aizawl-796001. Mizoram.
Arunachal Pradesh Veterinary Council, Directorate of Animal Husbandry, Nirjuli – 791109.
Sikkim State Veterinary Council, Department of Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Services, Krishi Bhawan, Tadong, Sikkim-737102.
(C) The Information Bulletin and Application Form can also be obtained by hand against cash payment from the branches of Vijaya Bank (Rs 800/- in case of General Category/OBC and Rs 400/- for SC/ST Category)
Date of Sale of Information Bulletin and Application Form by Hand/Post: 04th January, 2010 to 15th February, 2010.
Online submission of application may be made by accessing Council website www.vci-india.in from 4-1-2010 (10.00 AM) to 15.2.2010 (5.00 PM). Candidates are required to take a print Of the Onlineapplication after successful submission of data. The printout of the computer generated application .complete in all respect as applicable for Offline submission should be sent to the Controller of Examination, Veterinary Council of India, ‘A’ Wing, 2nd Floor, August Kranti Bhawan, Bhikaji Cama Place, New Delhi -110066 by speed Post/ Registered Post only. Fee of Rs 800/-for General/OBC Category Candidates and Rs 400/- for the SC/ST Category candidates may be remitted through a Demand Draft in favour of the “Veterinary Council of India -Examination Fund, payable at New Delhi” drawn on any Scheduled Bank.
LAST DATE OF APPLICATION :
Application Form duly filled and signed by the candidate should reach the office of the Council latest by 22th February, 2010 (5.00 PM). Application Form should be submitted through Speed/Registered Post only.