AIPMT 2011 Final Exam Paper Code-C
1. The cells lining the blood vessels belong to the category of
(1) Columnar epithelium
(2) Connective tissue
(3) Smooth muscle tissue
(4) Squamous epithelium
Sol. Simple squamous epithelium is present where diffusion and filtration is required. Cells lining our blood vessels belong to the category of simple squamous epithelium.
2. Consider the following statements (A-D) about organic farming
A. Utilizes genetically modified crops like Bt cotton
B. Uses only naturally produced inputs like compost
C. Does not use pesticides and urea
D. Produces vegetables rich in vitamins and minerals Which of the above statements are correct?
(1) (B) and (C) only (2) (A) and (B) only
(3) (B), (C) and (D) (4) (C) and (D) only
Sol. Organic farming is a zero waste cyclical procedure, where waste from one process are cycled in as nutrient for other process.
3. Select the correct statement with respect to diseases and immunisation
(1) Certain protozoans have been used to mass produce hepatitis B vaccine
(2) Injection of snake antivenom against snake bite is an example of active immunisation
(3) If due to some reason B-and T-lymphocytes are damaged, the body will not produce antibodies against a pathogen
(4) Injection of dead / inactivated pathogens causes passive immunity
Sol. Clone of B-cells is called as plasma cells which produce antibodies. Helper T-cells secrete IL-2 (interleukin-2) which stimulate B cells to produce antibodies. Injection of snake antivenom against snake bite is an example of artificially acquired passive immunity.
4. Selaginella and Salvinia are considered to represent a significant step toward evolution of seed habit because
(1) Megaspores possess endosperm and embryo surrounded by seed coat
(2) Embryo develops in female gametophyte which is retained on parent sporophyte
(3) Female gametophyte is free and gets dispersed like seeds
(4) Female gametophyte lacks archegonia
Sol. Both are heterosporous genera; archegonia are present in both cases.
5. Which one of the following animals may occupy more than one trophic levels in the same ecosystem at the same time?
(1) Goat (2) Frog
(3) Sparrow (4) Lion
Sol. Sparrow can be herbivorous (eating seeds and fruits) or carnivorous (eating insects).
6. Which one of the following is essential for photolysis of water?
(1) Copper (2) Boron
(3) Manganese (4) Zinc
Sol. Manganese is the component of OEC that takes up e– from H2O.
7. What happens during fertilisation in humans after many sperms reach close to the ovum?
(1) Cells of corona radiata trap all the sperms except one
(2) Only two sperms nearest the ovum penetrate zona pellucida
(3) Secretions of acrosome helps one sperm enter cytoplasm of ovum through zona pellucida
(4) All sperms except the one nearest to the ovum lose their tails
Sol. At the time of fertilisation secretions of acrosome helps one sperm to enter the cytoplasm of ovum through zona pellucida.
8. Bulk of carbon dioxide (CO2) released from body tissues into the blood is present as
(1) 70% carbamino-haemoglobin and 30% as bicarbonate
(2) Carbamino-haemoglobin in RBCs
(3) Bicarbonate in blood plasma and RBCs
(4) Free CO2 in blood plasma
Sol. 20-25% of CO2 is transported by RBCs in the form of carbamino hemoglobin. Whereas, 70% is carried as bicarbonate about 7% of CO2 is carried in a dissolved state in plasma
9. In mitochondria, protons accumulate in the
(1) Intermembrane space
(3) Outer membrane
(4) Inner membrane
Sol. Protons from complex I, III and IV of respiratory e– transport moves to PMS, creating proton gradient.
10. The unequivocal proof of DNA as the genetic material came from the studies on a
(1) Viroid (2) Bacterial virus
(3) Bacterium (4) Fungus
Sol. Hershey and Chase worked with viruses that infect bacteria (i.e., bacteriophages).
11. Whorled simple leaves with reticulate venation are present in
(1) China Rose (2) Alstonia
(3) Calotropis (4) Neem
Sol. Neem – Compound leaf; Calotropis – opposite phyllotaxy; China rose – alternate phyllotaxy.
12. Given below is the ECG of a normal human. Which one of its components is correctly interpreted below
Click Here To Download AIPMT Main Exam 2011 Solved Paper
Click Here To AIPMT 2011 Answer Key and Cut off Marks