SSC STENOGRAPHERS (GRADE ‘C’ & GRADE ‘D’) EXAMINATION, 2011
Date of Exam: 16.10.2011
Closing Date : 12.08.2011
1. Commission will hold a Combined All India Open Examination for recruitment to the posts of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and Grade ‘D’ for which 12 th Standard Pass from a recognized board/university is the minimum qualification. The Examination will comprise of a Written Objective Type Examination followed by Skill Test in Stenography at 100 w.p.m. and 80 w.p.m. respectively.
2 The Commission will not undertake detailed scrutiny of applications for the eligibility and other aspects at the time of written examination and, therefore, the candidature is accepted only provisionally. The candidates are advised to go through the requirements of educational qualification, age etc. and satisfy themselves that they are eligible before applying. Copies of supporting documents will be sought only from those candidates who qualify for the skill test. When scrutiny is undertaken, if any claim made in the application is not found substantiated, the candidature will be cancelled and the Commission’s decision shall be final.
3. BEFORE APPLYING, CANDIDATES IN THEIR OWN INTEREST ARE ADVISED TO GO THROUGH THE DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS CONTAINED IN THIS NOTICE CAREFULLY. THIS NOTICE IS ALSO AVAILABLE ON THE WEBSITE OF THE COMMISSION: http://ssc.nic.in.
4. Candidates seeking reservation benefits available for SC/ST/OBC/PH/EXS must ensure that they are entitled to such reservation as per eligibility prescribed in the Notice. They should also be in possession of the certificates in the prescribed format in support of their claim at the time of application. Copies of the certificate etc. will be sought at the time of Skill Test of Stenography.
5. Candidates with visual disability of 40% and more only would be deemed as VISUALLY HANDICAPPED (VH) and entitled to reservation for VH.
6. Central Government civilian employees claiming age relaxation should be in possession of a certificate in the prescribed format from their office in respect of the length of continuous service which should be for not less than three years in the immediate period preceding the closing date for receipt of application. They should continue to have the status of Central Government civilian employees from the day of application till the time of appointment, in the event of their selection.
7. FEE: RUPEES ONE HUNDRED ONLY(r100) payable through CRF Stamps for off-line application or on line payment through account with SBI in the case of online application. Fee is exempted for all Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Physically Handicapped, and Ex-Servicemen eligible for reservation, as per rules.
8. CLOSING DATE: 12.08.2011 (upto 5 P.M.). For candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Jammu and Kashmir, Lahaul and Spiti District and Pangi Sub Division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep and for candidates residing abroad – 19.08.2011. APPLICATIONS RECEIVED LATE WILL NOT BE ENTERTAINED. COMMISSION WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR POSTAL DELAY.
9. Only a single application will be entertained. Candidature in respect of multiple applications will be summarily rejected without any notice to such candidates.
10. MOBILES AND OTHER ELECTRONIC GADGETS ARE BANNED WITHIN THE PREMISES OF THE EXAMINATION CENTRES. CANDIDATURE OF SUCH CANDIDATES WILL BE CANCELLED WHO ARE FOUND TO VIOLATE THIS PROVISION. CANDIDATES SHOULD NOT KEEP MOBILE PHONE WITH THEM IN EXAMINATION ROOM/HALL EVEN AFTER SWITCHING IT OFF.
11. CANDIDATES MAY SEND APPLICATION IN THE PRESCRIBED FORMAT BY POST OR APPLY ON LINE. FACILITY OF ON-LINE APPLICATION WILL BE AVAILABLE FROM 16.07.2011 TO 10.08.2011. CANDIDATES APPLYING ON-LINE SHOULD RETAIN THE REGISTRATION NUMBER ASSIGNED TO THEM ON LINE FOR FURTHER CORRESPONDENCE WITH THE COMMISSION. THEY ARE NOT REQUIRED TO SUBMIT PRINT OUTS OF THEIR APPLICATION TO THE COMMISSION.
12 The Commission may send acknowledgement to candidates applying on-line, through e-mail regarding successful completion of registration of on-line application
HOW TO APPLY : Applications must be submitted only in the prescribed format ( Annexure-I ) On-line or by Post. For detailed instructions relating to the application form and how the application is to be submitted, Annexure – II A or Annexure – II B, for postal applications and on-line applications respectively, may be referred to.
(i) The candidates are required to indicate the order of preference for the posts of Stenographer Grade ‘C’ and Stenographer Grade ‘D’ in Column No.13. It may be noted that candidates will not be considered for posts for which they have not excercised preference.
(ii)Preferences of Departments/Offices for allocation(subject to availability of confirmed number of vacancies for the concerned Offices/Ministries)
(a) Preference in Group X for STENOGRAPHERS GRADE-‘D’:(posts are expected to be located in the following cadres/Services/Offices, mostly located in Delhi/New Delhi)
A. Armed Forces Headquarters‘ Stenographers Service Grade D.
B. Central Secretariat Stenographers Service Grade D.
C. Indian Foreign Service (B) Grade III.
D. Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs
E. Railway Board Secretariat Stenographer Service, Grade D.
F. Any other Department/Office not mentioned above.
(b) Preferences for STENOGRAPHERS GRADE ‘C’ (posts are expected to be located in the following areas/cadres/Services/Offices, mostly located in Delhi/New Delhi) A. Armed Forces Headquarters‘ Stenographers Service Grade C‘
B. Indian Foreign Service (B)
C. President‘s Secretariat
D. Posts of Stenographers in Government Departments/Organizations and Attached and Subordinate Offices of the Govt. of India other than the above
(iii) State-wise option for the post of Stenographer Grade D‘.Allotment of candidates selected for Group ‗Y‘ posts, will be made to different States taking into consideration their position in the merit list and options excercised by the candidate, subject to policies of the Commission in this regard.
(Group-‘Y’ posts are in Subordinate Offices of Govt. of India, Offices under the Comptroller and Auditor General of India such as Accountant General (Audit), Accounts General (Accounts & Estt.), Offices under the Controller General of Defence Accounts etc.located all over India
|A||Andaman & Nicobar Islands||M||Jharkhand|
|C|| Arunachal Pradesh,|
Nagaland, Assam & Tripura
|O||Kerala & Lakshadweep|
Dadra & Nagar Haveli
|H||Goa, Daman & Diu||T||Rajasthan|
|I||Gujarat||U||Tamil Nadu & Puducherry|
|K||Himachal Pradesh||W||Uttar Pradesh|
|L||Jammu & Kashmir||X||West Bengal & Sikkim|
ADMISSION TO THE EXAMINATION:
All candidates who apply in response to this advertisement by the CLOSING DATE will be assigned Roll numbers. These will be communicated to them or placed on the website of the concerned Regional Office at least two weeks before the date of the examination. A candidate must write his/her Roll number along with his/her name, date of birth and name of the examination while addressing any communication to the Commission. Communication from the candidate not furnishing these particulars shall not be entertained. Admission Certificates (ACs) for the Examination indicating the time table and also venues of examination for each candidate will be issued to all applicants about two weeks before the date of examination. IF ANY CANDIDATE DOES NOT RECEIVE ADMISSION CERTIFICATE FOR THE EXAMINATION ONE WEEK BEFORE THE DATE OF EXAMINATION, HE/SHE MUST IMMEDIATELY CONTACT THE CONCERNED REGIONAL/SUB REGIONAL OFFICE (S) OF THE COMMISSION WITH PROOF OF HAVING SUBMITTED HIS/HER APPLICATION. (In case of Applications submitted under Certificate of Posting, the Date-Stamp of the Post-Office concerned should be clearly legible). FAILURE TO DO SO WILL DEPRIVE HIM/HER OF ANY CLAIM FOR CONSIDERATION. CANDIDATES ALSO HAVE THE OPTION TO DOWNLOAD THE ADMISSION CERTIFICATES FROM THE CONCERNED REGIONAL/SUB REGIONAL OFFICES WEBSITE. SUCH FACILITY WILL BE AVAILABLE ABOUT TWO WEEKS BEFORE THE EXAMINATION.
Candidates who applied on-line but are unable to download their Admission Certificates or do not receive their Admission Certificates at least one week before the date of the examination should contact the concerned Regional Office with details such as Registration ID, Transaction ID of SBI, copy of challan, etc. for obtaining the Admission Certificates. Details of deficiency, if any, may also be placed on the Commission‘s website ( http://ssc.nic.in ) about two weeks before the examination.