Advertisement of recruitment for the post of Headmaster/Headmistress in the High/Higher Secondary School under 11th RLST, 2010
THE WEST BENGAL CENTRAL SCHOOL SERVICE COMMISSION
The 11th Regional Level Selection Test (RLST) is scheduled to be held on 13.02.2011 (Sunday) for preparing panel of Headmaster/ Headmistress in recognised aided Non-Govt. High /Higher Secondary Schools in West Bengal against the vacancies available and reported as per WB School Service Commission (Selection of Persons for Appointment to the Post of Teachers) Rules, 2007, subsequent amendments made in the said Rules and advertised herewith. The vacancies indicated are tentative under clause (a) of sub-rule (2) of rule 8 and the finally reported vacancies in the posts of Headmaster/ Headmistress under clause (b) of sub rule (2) of rule 8 and carry forwarded vacancies under rule 20 for which the RLST is being conducted shall be published during the publication of the result of the Written Test.
1. Eligibility: Only the citizens of India may apply for the post as referred to in sub-clause (iv) of clause (h) of rule 2 of the WB School Service Commission (Selection of Persons for Appointment to the Post of Teachers) Rules, 2007, i.e. the Headmaster/ Headmistress in High /Higher Secondary Boys’, Girls’, Co-Ed. Schools in a particular Region only in the prescribed form available from the designated branches of United Bank of India as mentioned in the advertisement. Female candidates are eligible for Co-ed. & Girls’ Schools & Male candidates are eligible for Boys’ & Co-ed. Schools only.
Post of Headmaster/ Headmistress in High/ Higher Secondary School
Qualification Essential: (i) Master’s Degree from a UGC recognized University with at least 45% marks both at the Secondary Level and Higher Secondary Level, 40% marks in the Honours subject at the Honours Level or 45% marks at the Pass Level for a candidate without having Honours Degree and 40% marks at the Post-Graduate Level, with degree in Bachelor of Teaching/Bachelor of Education/ Post-Graduate Basic Training from any recognized University or any training recognized by the State Government as equivalent to Bachelor of Teaching / Bachelor of Education / Post-Graduate Basic Training from a Teachers’ Training Institution duly recognized by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) in the relevant academic session:
Provided that the above criteria of marks shall not apply to a Headmaster/ Headmistress in approved service in Jr. High/High/Higher Secondary School.
(ii) Ten years’ continuous teaching experience on the date of advertisement in approved service in a Higher Secondary School/ High School/ Jr. High School recognized by the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education/ West Bengal Board of Secondary Education or equivalent.
1. Age: Up to 55 years as on 1st January 2010 (i.e. Not born before 01.01.1955)
2. Medium of Instruction in the Institution: Vacancies are mainly in Bengali medium Schools. Candidates applying for any School with particular language or languages (multilingual) as medium of instruction must have that language or any of those languages of medium as first or second or third language at Secondary level of the West Bengal Board of Secondary Education or from any equivalent Board or at Higher Secondary Level of the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education or from any equivalent Board/ Council or must have succeeded at any subsequent higher level of education in that language paper.
3. Date & Time of Written Test: 13.02.2011 (Sunday) at the Regionwise allotted centres all over the State for Paper I & Paper II. Time: 12.00 Noon to 12.20 P.M. for Paper-II and 12.20 P.M. to 2.20 P.M. for Paper-I.
4. Medium of Answers: Paper-I shall be of three parts: – Part-A of 15 marks consisting of Subjective/ Short Essay Type questions to be answered in English only, Part-B of 15 marks consisting of Subjective/ Short Essay Type questions to be answered either in English or in Bengali & Part-C of 15 marks consisting of Subjective/ Short Essay Type questions to be answered in English only. Paper-II shall be of 10 marks consisting of 20 Multiple Choice Objective Type questions. Candidates applying for other than Bengali medium Schools shall have to write answers in English only.
5. Fees for Examination: Application and Brochure containing syllabi: Rs. 750.00 for General& OBC and Rs. 500.00 for SC/ST/PH candidates.
6. (a) Date of Collection of Application Form: 07.01.2011 to 14.01.2011 during Banking hours. (b) Date of Submission of Application Form duly filled in: 07.01.2011 to 14.01.2011 during Banking hours. Purchase and Submission of application form must be from and to the same designated Bank Branch under a particular Region for which it is intended.
CAUTION: THE BROCHURE WITH APPLICATION FORM SHOULD BE PURCHASED FROM THE DESIGNATED BANK BRANCH WITHIN THE JURISDICTION OF THE CONCERNED REGIONAL COMMISSION UNDER WHICH YOU INTEND TO APPLY. PLEASE ENSURE TO DEPOSIT THE FILLED-IN-APPLICATION FORM TO THE CONCERNED DESIGNATED BANK BRANCH FROM WHERE YOU HAVE PURCHASED THE BROCHURE.
BEFORE PURCHASE OF APPLICATION FORM, a candidate must be sure that he/ she HAS FULFILLED all the eligibility conditions.
note: admission to the test is purely provisional subject to verification of the candidates’ eligibility at various stages.
7. Qualifying Marks in Paper I: 40% marks, relaxable by the Commission under the provision of Rules Mediumwise and Postwise separately.
8. Method of Selection: Letters of Personality Test will be issued to the selected candidates on the basis of academic, professional qualification & teaching experience and marks obtained in Paper I & Paper II, to the extent of not exceeding 2.0 times of the advertised final vacancies under sub-clause (b) of sub-rule (2) of rule 8 and carry forwarded vacancies under rule 20 Regionwise, Mediumwise (including multilingual Medium) and Postwise i.e. Headmaster/ Headmistress of High /Higher Secondary Schools.
9. Panel: There shall be a Panel for Headmaster/ Headmistress of High /Higher Secondary School with combined rank. Panel shall be prepared of candidates found fit for recommendation and each such panel shall include names equal to the number of final vacancies [Vacancies advertised under sub-clause (b) of sub-rule (2) of rule 8 and carry forwarded vacancies under rule 20 sub-clause (b) of sub-rule (2) of rule 8 and carry forwarded vacancies under rule 20] received & advertised Regionwise, Mediumwise (including multilingual Medium) for the post of Headmaster/ Headmistress in High/ Higher Secondary Schools on the basis of academic, professional qualification & teaching experience, marks obtained in Paper I, Paper II and Personality Test. Candidates equal to 0.25 times the number of said final vacancies, but not figuring in the panel, shall be included in a Waiting List in order of merit.
10. Recommendation: Recommendation of empanelled candidates for the post of Headmaster/ Headmistress in High /Higher Secondary Schools shall be done through Counselling. Male empanelled candidates may select either Boys’ or Co-Ed. Schools, while female candidates may select either Girls’ or Co-Ed. Schools on the basis of their combined rank at the material point of time during Counselling.
11. Bar on Recommendation & Disqualification: Any candidate appointed through S.S.C. is not eligible to apply for enrolment in the same Post for three years from the date of last appointment in the said post. “Post” means a whole time sanctioned post of Headmaster/ Headmistress in High /Higher Secondary School.
No person shall be eligible for selection for appointment to the post of Teacher in any School if he/ she has accepted or offered dowry in any form at the time of his/ her OWN marriage or his / her son’s or daughter’s marriage.
12. Application Form: Available at the undernoted designated branches of United Bank of India on payment of the fee during Banking hours.