APPSC Hostel Welfare Officers Recruitment Scheme and Syllabus | APPSC Hostel Welfare Officers Grade II Syllabus | APPSC Group IV Scheme and Syllabus
SCHEME AND SYLLABUS FOR THE POST OF HOSTEL WELFARE OFFICERS GRADE-II IN AP SOCIAL WELFARE SUB SERVICE UNDER GROUP-IV SERVICES (INTERMEDIATE. STANDARD)
|Paper||Subject||No.of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|2||CONCERNED SUBJECT||150||150||150 Minutes|
PAPER-I: General Studies, Mental Ability and Language Ability
(I) Current Affairs of National importance
(II) History and Geography of Andhra Pradesh
(III) Mental Ability
(IV) Language Ability : Intended to test the candidates proficiency in the use of
language ability for comprehension, summarization, idiomatic usage,
vocabulary and usage detection of mistakes, absurdities
PAPER-2 (CONCERNED SUBJECT)
FOUNDATION OF EDUCATION
i) Nature and Scope of Philosophical and Sociological Foundations of Education.
ii) Idealism; Naturalism; Pragmatism; Realism; Existentialism;
iii) Gandhi; Tagore; Aurobindo; Vivekananda; Jiddu Krishna Murthy;
iv) Socialization and Education; Social change and Education; Culture and Education; Modernization and Education; Equality of Educational opportunities; Education of Weaker Sections.
I. INTRODUCTION TO EDUCATIONAL PSYCHOLOGY.
Relationship between Educational Psychology. Nature and Scope of Educational Psychology. Methods of Educational Psychology
2. Growth and Development. Principles of Growth and Development. Stages of Development-Infancy, Childhood, Adolescence and aspects of development
- Physical, Mental, Social and Emotional and its Educational implications to classroom teaching and education.
Nature of Learning, Theories of Learning(Behavioral, Cognitive and Social) and its Relevance to classroom teaching, learning and Motivation; Various methods of motivation (intrinsic and extrinsic) and its applications for classroom teaching.
4. Individual difference and its assessment.
Meaning and significance of the study of individual differences. Inter and intra Individual difference and its assessment. Concept of Personality and its assessment (Projective and Non-Projective methods).Understanding and helping learners with special needs – poor achievers, under achievers, low-level of intellectual functioning; giftedness and creativity. Need and significance of guidance and counseling in schools.
Statistics-Concept and its need for understanding behaviour of learners and teachers. Measures of Central tendency. Measures of Variability. Correlation and various methods of computing correlation.
TRENDS IN EDUCATION
1. Universalization of Education- Significance, constitutional guarantee, problems involved in implementing. Quality of Primary Education-Minimum level of Learning Approach.
2. Wastage and stagnation in Education-Meaning, causes, problems and remedial measures.
3. Adult Education and Functional literacy-Meaning, scope, problems involved and strategies for remedial action.
4. Non-Formal Education- contemporary significance, problems, methodology, motivational aspect and implementation.
5. School and Community Relationships-need and importance, ways of bringing their together, making use of community resources persons, some practical strategies to facilitate appropriate relationships.
6. Medium of instruction-Problem, Language in India, three language formula, its implications and difficulties in implementing the formule.
7. Family life and population Education-the problem, objectives at Secondary level creating awareness, difficulties in implementing, strategies to spread right type of family life and population education.
8. Moral Education- meaning and scope, approaches to Moral Education, Difference between Moral and Religious Education, Practical Work.
9. National and Emotional integration- meaning, nature, problems, implementation celebrating national days and role of schools and teachers.
10. International understanding-education for peace, disarmament and coexistence, meaning, nature, significance, developing a broader perspective in the mind students.
11. Education of the socially and culturally disadvantaged- meaning-Significance problems, equality of opportunity and strategies to implement meaningful programme.
12. Lifelong Education-meaning, need and scope, approach and role of teachers.
13. Teacher Education-pre-service and in-service-Professional Organisations teachers.
14. Vocational Education and Vocationalisation of Education.
15. Common Entrance Examinations and Centralised admissions into the basic courses in Andhra Pradesh.
16. Recommendations of various Education Commissions and Committees.
Click Here To APPSC Group IV Previous Papers