APDDCF Junior Engineer Recruitment Syllabus for Mechanical Engineer | APDDCF JE Syllabus For Mechanical Engineer | Syllabus for APDDCF JE Recruitment
SYLLABUS FOR THE POST OF JUNIOR ENGINEER (MECHANICAL / ELECTRICAL /ELECTRONICS)
SYLLABUS FOR MECHANICAL
1. THERMODYNAMICS: Basic concepts, Open and closed systems. Heat and work, Zeroth, First and second law, application to flow and non-flow processes. Entropy: Availability, Irreversibility, T-S relations, Clapery on and real gas Equations. Properties of ideal gases and vapours. Air standard cycles. Two stage air compressor, CI and SI engineers, Valve travel diagram, Pre ignition, Detonation and Diesel knock, Fuel injection, Carburetion, Super charging, Turbo prop and Rocket engineers. Cooling, Emission and Control. Measurement of calorific value of fuels. Conventional and Nuclear fuels.
2. HEAT TRANSFER: Modes of heat transfer. One – dimensional steady and unsteady conduction. Composite slab and equivalent resistance. Heat dissipation from extended surfaces. Heat exchangers, Over all heat transfer coefficient, Empirical correlations for heat transfer in laminar and turbulent flow, Heat transfer in free and forced convection. Thermal boundary layer over a flat plate. Fundamentals of diffusive and convective mass transfer. Black body and fundamental concepts of radiation. Shape factor, Network analysis.
3. REFRIGERATION AND AIR CONDITIONING : Heat pump, Refrigeration cycles and systems, Refrigerants, Condensers, Expansion devices, Psychrometry, Charts and application to air conditioning, Sensible heating and cooling. Effective temperature, Comfort indices, Load calculations. Solar refrigeration, Duct design.
4. STEAM GENERATORS AND TURBINES : Fire tube and water tube boilers. Binary vapour system. Flow of steam through nozzles and Diffusers. Dryness fraction, Condensation. Various types of turbines, Compounding, Velocity triangles, Partial admission, Reheat, Regeneration, Efficiency and Governance. Gas Turbines, Role of Mach number.
5. MACHINE DESIGN : Theories of failure, Design of Cotter joint, Keys, Splines, Welded joints, Threaded fasteners, Bolt of uniform strength, Screw jack. Design of Bearing, Couplings, Clutches, BELT DRIVES and Spur gear system. Hydrodynamic and Antifriction bearings. Design of shafts for combined loads. Helical and Leaf Springs. Thin and Thick walled pressure vessels.
6. INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING : Production planning and Control : Forecasting, Moving Averages, Exponential Smoothing, Operations, Scheduling, Assembly line balancing. Product Development, Break-even analysis, Capacity Planning, PERT and CPM
CONTROL OPERATIONS: Inventory Control, ABC analysis, EOQ model, Material requirement planning. Job Design, Job standards, Work Measurement, Quality Management, Quality Analysis and Control. Operations Research: Linear Programming – Graphical and simplex methods. Transport and Value Engineer: Value analysis for Cost value.
7. ELEMENTS OF COMPUTATION: Computer Organization, Flow charting, Features of common computer languages – FORTRAN, d Base III, Lotus 1-2-3, C and Elementary Programming.
Click Here To APDDCF Recruitment Syllabus Asst Account Officers (AAOs)