MCQ For CBSE Class 10th | CBSE Class 10th Multiple Choice Questions | MCQ for Class 10th
Time: 1 ½ hours Maximum Marks: 20
1. Attempt all questions.
2. There are 30 multiple choice questions in total. Only one of the options in every question is correct.
3. The question paper consists of two parts – Section A and Section B. Each of the 20 questions in Section A carries 0.5 mark and each of the 10 questions in Section B carries 1.0 mark.
SECTION – A
1. The two colours seen at the extreme ends of the pH chart are
(a) red and blue.
(b) red and green.
(c) green and blue.
(d) orange and green.
2. A student observed that the colour of pH paper changes to green when she dipped it in water. She added a few drops of concentrated hydrochloric acid to the water. The colour of pH paper would turn to
(a) light red.
(b) apple green.
(c) dark blue.
(d) lemon yellow.
3. When zinc reacts with dilute hydrochloric acid
(a) the surface of zinc becomes brighter.
(b) the surface of zinc becomes black and dull.
(c) the metal turns into powder.
(d) the reaction mixture turns green.
4. Three students measured the focal length of a convex lens using parallel rays from a distant object. All of them measured the distance between the lens and the inverted
image on the screen. Student A saw a sharp image on the screen and labelled the distance as f1. Student B saw a slightly larger blurred image on the screen and labelled the distance as f2. Student C saw a slightly smaller blurred image on the screen and labelled the distance as f3. The relation between the three measurements would most likely be
(a) f1 = f2 = f3.
(b) f1 < f2 and f3.
(c) f3 < f1 < f2.
(d) f1 < f2 and f1= f3.
5. Four students A, B, C and D carried out measurements of focal length of a concave mirror as shown in the four diagrams.
6. In the glass slab experiment shown below, four students A, B, C and D did the following:
A: kept the eyes far from the glass slab while placing both the pins P3 and P4
B: kept the eyes close to the glass slab while placing both the pins P3 and P4
C: kept the eyes close to the glass slab while placing pin P3 and far from theslab
while placing pin P4
D: kept the eyes far from the glass slab while placing pin P3 and close to the slab
while placing pin P4