26. In RDBMS, what is the efficient data structure used in the internal storage representation?
B+ tree. Because in B+ tree, all the data is stored only in leaf nodes, that makes searching easier. This corresponds to the records that shall be stored in leaf nodes.
27. Draw the B-tree of order 3 created by inserting the following data arriving in sequence – 92 24 6 7 11 8 22 4 5 16 19 20 78
28. Of the following tree structure, which is, efficient considering space and time complexities?
(a) Incomplete Binary Tree
(b) Complete Binary Tree
(c) Full Binary Tree
(b) Complete Binary Tree.
By the method of elimination:
Full binary tree loses its nature when operations of insertions and deletions are done. For incomplete binary trees, extra storage is required and overhead of NULL node checking takes place. So complete binary tree is the better one since the property of complete binary tree is maintained even after operations like additions and deletions are done on it.
29. What is a spanning Tree?
A spanning tree is a tree associated with a network. All the nodes of the graph appear on the tree once. A minimum spanning tree is a spanning tree organized so that the total edge weight between nodes is minimized.
30. Does the minimum spanning tree of a graph give the shortest distance between any 2 specified nodes?
Minimal spanning tree assures that the total weight of the tree is kept at its minimum. But it doesn’t mean that the distance between any two nodes involved in the minimum-spanning tree is minimum.
31. Convert the given graph with weighted edges to minimal spanning tree.
32. Which is the simplest file structure?
33. Whether Linked List is linear or Non-linear data structure?
According to Access strategies Linked list is a linear one.
According to Storage Linked List is a Non-linear one.
34. Draw a binary Tree for the expression :
A * B – (C + D) * (P / Q)
35. For the following COBOL code, draw the Binary tree?
03 FIRST_NAME PIC X(10).
03 LAST_NAME PIC X(10).
03 FIRST_SEM PIC XX.
03 SECOND_SEM PIC XX