* Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status
* Educational Qualifications
A candidate must either be:
• i. a citizen of India , or
• ii. a subject of Bhutan , or
• iii. a subject of Nepal , or
• iv. a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India , or
• v. a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Certificate of eligibility will not, however, be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal .
Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status
Only unmarried male candidates who must have attained the age of 16 1/2 years and must not have attained the age of 19 years on the 1st July, 2007 i.e. he must have been born not earlier than 2nd July, 1988 and not later than 1st January, 1991 are eligible.
The date of birth accepted by the Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognised by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University which extract must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificates. These certificates are required to be submitted only after the declaration of the result of the written part of the examination. No other document relating to age like horoscopes, affidavits, birth extracts from Municipal Corporation, service records and the like will be accepted. The expression Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate in this part of the instruction includes the alternative certificates mentioned above.
• Candidates should note that only the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate AVAILABLE on the date of submission of applications will be accepted by the Commission and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
• Candidates should also note that once a Date of Birth has been claimed by them and entered in the records of the Commission for the purpose of admission to an Examination, no change will be allowed subsequently or at aNY subsequent examination on any Ground Whatsoever.
• The candidates should exercise due care while entering their date of birth in column 8 of the application form for the Examination. If on verification at any subsequent stage any variation is found in their date of birth from the one entered in their Matriculation or equivalent Examination certificate, disciplinary action will be taken Against them by the Commission under the Rules.
• Candidates must undertake not to marry until they complete their full training. A candidate who marries subsequent to the Date of his application though successful at this or any subsequent examination will not be selected for training. A candidate who maRRies during training shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him by the Government.
• i. For Army wing of National Defence Academy :- 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
• ii. For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 (Executive Branch) Course at the Naval Academy :- 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equilvalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent exmination can also apply for this examination.