MAULANA AZAD NATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP | National Minorities Scholarship For Girl Students | www.maef.nic.in
MAULANA AZAD NATIONAL SCHOLARSHIP
Maulana Azad Education Foundation was established on the occasion of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad’s birth centenary. The Foundation was registered under the Societies Registration Act 1860, on 6th July, 1989. The Foundation is a voluntary non-political, nonprofit marking social service organization established to promote education amongst the educationally backward sections of the society. It is funded by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India. The Hon’ble Minister is its Ex-officio President. The aim of the Foundation is to formulate and implement educational schemes and plans for the benefit of the educationally backward minorities in particular and weaker sections in general.
TITLE OF SCHEME : “Maulana Azad National Scholarship Scheme.”
OBJECTIVE OF THE SCHEME : To recognize, promote and assist meritorious Girl students belonging to national Minorities who can not continue their education without financial support.
PURPOSE OF SCHOLARSHIP : Scholarship will be admissible for expenditure on payment of School/College Fee, purchase of syllabus books, purchase of stationery/equipments required for the course & payment of Boarding/Lodging charges.
1] Application can be downloaded from the web site mentioned below. Photocopy of the application form can be used freely. No fee/any other amount is to be paid for application.
2] Application form can be sent by the student directly to the Foundation by post or delivered by hand in the office of the Foundation.
3] No charges/fee is to be paid to any one for any services.
4] Sanction letter/cheque for scholarship will sent by Regd. Post directly to the address of successful candidate on completion of prescribed papers/formalities.
5] For any query/information, only Secretary, MAEF should be contacted directly on the office phone no. mentioned below.
MAULANA AZAD EDUCATION FOUNDATION
(Ministry of Minority Affairs, Govt. of India)
Social Justice Service Centre, Chelmsford Road New Delhi–110055,
Ph.: 011 – 23583788, 23583789 Fax No. 011–23561945,
Web Site : www.maef.nic.in
ELIGIBILITY CRITERION / WHO CAN APPLY
i) Only Girl Students belonging to National Minorities, (i.e. Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, Sikhs) can apply :
ii) Should have secured not less than 55% marks (in aggregate) in the secondary school certificate examination, conducted by any recognized Centre/State Board of Secondary Education. The List of 33 recognized Boards/Councils is given in Annexure-III. This is only qualifying percentage for applying and does not guarantee grant of scholarship which is given to the top eligible applicant based on the quota fixed for the concerned state from amongst the eligible application received from the state.
iii) Family income of the student from all sources should be less than Rs. 1,00,000/- (Rupees one lakh only) in the preceding financial year:
* In case of salaried class, the student must indicate the designation, pay-scale, basic pay and other allowances alongwith total gross & take home emoluments of the parent/guardian. A mere statement saying “Service” will not be acceptable. The student must attach a Salary Certificate or Pension Certificate (in case of retired persons), duly authenticated by controlling authority, of her parent/guardian alongwith the application.
* In case of agriculture/horticulture etc., the students has to mention total land holding with details of irrigated and non-irrigated and other landed property owned by her family alongwith total income of the family. These details will also be mentioned in the affidavit of the parent/guardian (Annexure-II) as well as in the certificate from Revenue authority.
* In case of business class, the student must categorically state the name & type of the business alongwith the total turn over and the total income of family. The same details will also be stated in the Affidavit (Annexure-II) from her parent/guardian.
* Income form all other sources must also be mentioned, specially if mother is also employed.
* It must be noted that all income certificate and statements made by the students in the application is subject to further verification of Maulana Azad Education Foundation. In case of any deliberate discrepancy/concealment of facts, the MAEF may cancel/recover the scholarship granted/released as well as initiate necessary action as per law.
* The income certificate/affidavit (Annexure-II) must be from the parents/guardian’s side and should have been issued from the respective home station. The income certificate issued or affidavit made from the place where the student is studying, as against the home station, will NOT be acceptable (in case of photocopy, it should be attested by Gazetted Officer or Head of Institution).
iv) Should have Confirmed admission in class-XI. Admission Slip issued by the college/school where the student is presently studying and verification of the principal (Annexure-I), in the prescribed proforma must be sent with the application.
v) The University/College/Institute offering admission should be recognized by the Government at the Central or State level or any other competent authority.
vi) It is one time scholarship, and no claim as permanent beneficiary will be entertained. Student once selected for scholarship can not avail the same again.
vii) A student getting a scholarship from any other source would not be eligible for the Scholarship.
viii) The last date for receipt of application in the office of the Maulana Azad Education Foundation is 31st August 2009, which must be adhered to. The application of the scholarship received after 31st August 2009, will not be entertained under any circumstances. MAEF will not be responsible for postal delay in the matter.
ix) An amount of Rs. 12,000/- (Rupees twelve thousand only) would be given to each student. It will be released in two equal installments of Rs. 6000/- each. First installment will be given for class XI and second installment for class XII.
x) The scholarship is given to student passing Xth exam and taking admission in XIth in the year when result of Xth exam is declared. Applications received in subsequent years will not be entertained.
Last Date for Receipt of Application Form : 31st August 2009.
For more details and Application Format visit : http://maef.nic.in