Maharashtra Sub Inspector Exam Pattern and Syllabus
PAPER (II) : LAW
( Objective type )
Duration : 1 hour
Questions will be asked on the subject to test the day-to-day practical knowledge in the Police
Department. In case of Major Acts, i.e.
(1) Indian Penal Code.
(2) Code of Criminal Procedure,
(3) Indian Evidence Act, emphasis will be given on Indian Penal Code.
Major Acts will carry 60 marks and Minor Acts & Crime Investigation will carry 40 marks.
Indian Penal Code, 1860 (30 Marks)
Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 (20Marks)
Indian Evidence Act, 1872 (10 Marks)
Minor Acts ( 30 Marks)
Crime Investigation (10 Marks)
1) Crime Investigation (Practical approach)
(a) Crime Scene panchnama,
(b) Arrest Panchnama,
(c) Seizure Search Panchnama,
(d) Inquest Panchnama,
(e) Memorandum Panchnama u/s 27 of IEA.
2) Proposals of externment proceedings & Chapter proceedings.
3) Human Rights – its awareness, Principles of handcuffing as per directions of the Supreme court.
Click Here To Full Details of Syllabus and Pattern