Maharashtra State Board of Technical Education SAMPLE THEORY QUESTION PAPER OF COMMUNICATION SKILLS- SECOND SEMESTER
Course: All Branches OF Engineering & Technology Course Code:
Subject: Communication Skills Subject Code: 9005
Duration: 3 Hours Marks: 80
1) All questions are compulsory.
2) Illustrate your answers with neat sketches wherever necessary.
3) Figures to the right indicate full marks.
Q.1 Answer any eight of the following question in 4 to 5 sentence each (16 marks)
1. With one example explain the importance of communication in an organization?
2. Why is feedback necessary?
3. Selecting an application channel is judicious decision? Explain.
4. What role does ‘Encoding’ and ‘Decoding’ play in a Communication process?
5. Name any two situations in which two ways communication occurs?
6. How can language act as a barrier to communication?
7. What is the importance of artifacts in communication?
8. Which are the possible situations where the students decode the message outside the classroom?
9. ‘Informal Communication creates good relations between a boss and an employee’. Explain giving one example.
10.What is the importance of graphs, charts, tables in communication?
11.“Vertical Communication” is a two – way Communication comment.
Q.2 Answer any three of the following in 10 to 12 sentence each: (12 marks)
a) How does the sender’s dress and appearance have an impact upon his / Her communication?
b) Explain any five remedies which can be adapted to overcome the barriers to effective communication?
c) “Classroom communication is a two way communication incorporating verbal as well as non verbal communication.” Explain.
d) Distinguish between oral and written communication.
Q.3 Attempt any three of the following: (12 marks)
1. Your industry has not been able to meet the production target for the month because of excessive casual leave of the workers. As a Manager, draft a memorandum warning the workers that if this trend continues their bonus will be reduced.
2. Write a circular letter for the company workers directing them to maintain
discipline, cleanliness and cordial social atmosphere among them for the
betterment of the company.
3. draft a notice for a company meetings.
4. as the Head of the Mechanical Department, devise a memo for the third year
students on the following points:
Subject: Poor attendance in practical.
Purpose: Warning of stern action.
Q.4 (A) Write a letter of application with resume for the post of (08 marks)
Jr. Engineer, to Raheja Builder , Gandhinagar, Bangalore.
Q.4 (B) Attempt ant one of the following: (08 Marks)
i. Write a report on the progress of your class assignment to be submitted to the subject teacher. You may use the following points:
Topic of assignment – purpose – a brief plan information resources used – whether notes were made – difficulties encountered – how you solved them – time taken – final outcome estimated time and resources required for completion – support needed from subject teacher.
ii. Write a Report on any accident in a factory. Suggest preventive measures
Q.5 Attempt any three of the following: (12 Marks)
1. Describe in about 35 – 40 word: Computer OR Television.
2. Explain the following with one example each:
3. State the non – verbal codes used to show:
i. Nodding of head
ii. Tapping your feet
iii. raising of your index finger
iv. hand shake
4. State the importance of facial expression in effective communication.
Q.6 a) Attempt any one of the following. (06 marks)
i) Write a letter of complaint from Mr. M. P. Bannerji to M/s Das & co. about certain defects in the goods supplied by them.
ii) Place an order to M/S Balaji Electricals asking them to supply Electrical Appliances which you need very urgently.
Q.6 b) Attempt any one of the following. (06 marks)
i) Below mentioned are the incidences of fire and their causes that (06 marks) took place in Mumbai. Devise a bar Graph for the years 2001, 2002, and 2003.
ii) Five senses of perfection- seeing, hearing, touching, smelling and tasting are studied in Psychology. Each one of these senses of perception has the information absorbing capacity which is given below:
Seeing-75% Touching-6% Hearing-13%
Smelling – 3% Tasting-3%
Prepare a pie – chart indicating the above quantities in given percentages.
Click Here To Download MSBTE 2nd Semester Sample Question Papers