MPPSC Taxation Assistant Recruitment Syllabus | MPPSC Taxation Assistant Recruitment Test Pattern | MPPSC Taxation Assistant Selection Scheme
MPPSC Recruitment 2010 of Taxation Assistant Government Sales Tax department Jobs in April 2010
MPPSC Taxation Assistant Scheme and Syllabus
Paper – First
Section – A : GENERAL STUDIES
1. General Science and Environment Questions on general science and Environment will cover general appreciation and understanding of science including matters of every day observation and experience as may be expected of a well educated person who has not made a special study of any particular scientific discipline.
2. Current Events of National & International Importance In current events knowledge of significant National and International leveling will be tested.
3. History of India and Independent India
In History, questions of general knowledge related to social, economic and political aspects will be asked. Also, there will be questions on Indian National Movement and Development of Independent India.
4. (1) Geography of India
There will be questions of general knowledge relating to Physical, social and economic geography. It will also include questions on Indian Agriculture and Natural resources. There will be questions pertaining to demography and census of India.
(2) General Geographical awareness of world.
5. Indian Polity and Economy
Political system and constitution of the country, Panchayati Raj, social system, economic development, elections, political parties, plans, industrial development, foreign trade and economic and financial institutions.
Important games and sports tournaments, Awards and personalities for M.P., India, Asia and World.
7. General Mental Ability
Numerical ability, reasoning, coding, data analysis and interpretation and analogy.
8. Information and Communication Technology Questions pertaining to characteristics, uses, and terminologies such as website, online, search engine, e-mail, video mail, chatting, video conferencing, hacking, cracking, virus and cyber crime.
Section – B General Introduction of Madhya Pradesh
General Introduction of Madhya Pradesh, area, topography and structure, physical and geographic areas and climate.
2. Natural Resources of Madhya Pradesh
Mineral Wealth. Forest Wealth and Wild Life. Agriculture and Live stock, Regional distribution of crops, planned development ofAgriculture, Green Revolution, Development of Live stock. Water Resources – Development of Irrigation and Irrigation projects.
3. Human Resources
Population, Population Density, Urban and Rural population, Literacy and Labours.
4. Energy Resources
Questions will attempt to assess the general awareness of condidates about the conventional and non-conventional sources of energy and their uses in human life.
Attempt will be made to assess the general awareness of candidates about the types and size of industries and their impact on state economy.
Questions will be related to environment and its protection, pollution, natural climates and
their impact on quality of human life.
7. Planning and Evaluation
Attempt will be to assess the general awareness of candidates about different aspect off five year plans till date, various programmes of urban and rural development, economic planning and its evaluation and status of Madhya Pradesh in the context of Country.
8. Administrative Structure of Madhya Pradesh
Questions will be related to general knowledge of candidates about administrative units – Division, District, Tehsil and Development-Blocks; their relationship and administrative structure.
9. Rural and Urban Administrative Structure
Questions will be pertaining to the general knowledge of candidate about organization and administrative structure of Pachayati Raj, Municipality and Municipal corporation.
10. Games and Sports
Attempt will be made to assess the awareness of candidates related to organization, management and facilities for different games and sports. The questions will also be related to different State awards, and personalities and contribution of Government and non Government agencies.
11. Culture, Literature, Music, Dance, Arts and History of Madhya Pradesh
The questions will be related to nature, types their salient features and impact on human life.
(1) Ancient - Kalidas, Bharthari, Bhavbhuti, Vanabhatta.
(2) Medieval - Keshav, Padmakar, Bhushan.
(3) Modern - Pandit Makhanlal Chaturvedi, Subhadra Kumari Chauhan, Gajanan Madhav Muktibodh, Balkrishna Sharma “Navin”, Bhavani Prasad Mishra, Harishankar Parsai, Sharad Joshi, Mulla Ramoozi, Dr. Shiv-Mangal Singh, Suman and Nanddulare Vajpai
(4) Folk Literature / Dialects of Madhya Pradesh.
3. Music & Dance Tradition
(1) Music Tradition – Tansen, Ustad Allauddin Khan, Ustad Hafiz Ali Khan, Pandit
Krishna Rao, Shankar Pandit, Rajabhaiya Poonchwale, Ustad Amir Khan, Kumar Gandharva, Maharaj Chakradhar Singh Pandit Kartik Ram.
(2) Dance tradition - Major styles of folk music, major folk dances.
Questions of general nature will be related to characteristics of Rock painting, folk panting, modern painting school and important painters. It will also have questions related to major folk and other theatres.
5. Major Scheduled Tribes
It will assess the general awareness of candidates related to names, characteristics, habitats, major fairs and festivals and cultural structure of major scheduled tribes. It will also have questions related to different programmes of State Government for the upliftment of Scheduled Tribes.
6. Programmes of State Government in the field of Culture The questions will attempt to assess general knowledge of the candidate related to literasy academics and institutions. The questions will also be related to different Music and Fine Arts Schools and Cultural festivals. There will be questions awards given by the state for the significant contribution in the filed of literature, music and fine arts.
7. Archaeological Heritage
The questions of general knowledge will be related to significance and characteristics
of major historical, archaeological and tourist places.
8. Historical perspective of Madhya Pradesh
The questions will be related to creation of M.P. and important dynesties and rules of
M.P., It will also have questions related to contribution of M.P. in freedom movement.
Paper – Second
1. Theoritical Accounting
Nature, Objectives, Principles, Concept, Convention & limitation, Accounting Process.
2. Practical Accounting
Final Accounts with Adjustiments, Capital and Revenue Items, depreciation Reserves – Provisions and Funds.
3. Partnership Accounts
Partnership deed, Admission, Retirement, Death and dissolution.
4. Company Accounts Issue, forfeiture and re-issue of shares, Issue of Right and Bonus Shares, Issue and Redemption of Debenture, Final Accounts, Analysis and Interpretation of Published Accounts.
5. Cost Accounts
Nature, objectives & importance, Elements of cost, Cost-sheets, Tenders, Reconciliation of cost and Financial Accounts.
Nature, objects and importance; Audit Programme, Appointment of Auditor, Rights, Duties and Liabilities of an Auditor.
Concepts – treditioanl & Modern Functions of Management : Planning, Organisation, Staffing, Direction, co-ordination & control, decision making , Communication Professional Management.
8. Secretarial Practics
Appointment of company secretary, Rights, duties and liabilities of company secretary, position of Campany Secretary Meetings- Drafting, Notice, Agenda & minutes.
9. Commercial Maths.
Simultaneous Equations, Calculation of Average, Ratio, Commission, Profit & Loss and Interest- Simple & Compound.
10. Different Dimensions of Commerce
(1) Entrepreneurship – Nature, Functions and importance.
(2) Stock exchange – Functions and Importance.
(3) Multi national companies & their functions.
(4) Factors affecting Business Environment.
(5) Characteristics of E-commerce.
(6) Application of Computers in business.
1. Value Added Tax : General Introduction, Various Provisions & Computation of Value Added tax.
2. Central Sales Tax : General Introduction, Various Provisions and Computation of Central Sales Tax.
3. Entry Tax : General Introduction.