TCS Aptitude Questions
1) In the class of 40 students, 30 speak Hindi and 20 speak English. What is the lowest possible number of students who speak both the languages?
(a) 5 (b) 20 (c) 15 (d) 10 (e) 30
2) If A, B and C are the mechanisms used separately to reduce the wastage of fuel by 30%, 20% and 10%. What will be the fuel economy if they were used combined.
3) A can do a piece of work in 20 days, which B can do in 12 days. In 9 days B does ¾ of the work. How many days will A take to finish the remaining work?
4) If 20 men take 15 days to complete a job, in how many days can 25 men finish that work?
5) One fast typist type some matter in 2hr and another slow typist type the same matter in 3hr. if both do combine in how much time they will finish.
6) The ratio of incomes of C and D is 3:4.the ratio of their expenditures is 4:5.Find the ratio of their savings if the savings of C is one fourths of his income?
7) In a 100 race,A can give B 10 mand C 28 m.In the same race B can give C?
Sol: A:B =100 :90 A :C=100 :72 B:C =B/A *A/C =90/100*100/72
=90/72 When B runs 90 C runs 72 when B runs 100 C runs =72*100/90 B beats C by 20m
8) In a 100m race ,A beats B by 10 m and C by 13 m.In the race of 180m. B will beat c by?
Sol :A : B =100 :90 A/B =100/90 A/C =100/87 B/C =B/A *A/C =90 /87
When B runs 90m C runs 87 When B runs 180 m then C runs
=87 *180/90 B beats C by 180-174= 6m
9) In a race of 200 m, A can beat B by 31 m and C by 18m.In arace of 350 m, C will beat B by?
Sol : In a race of 200 m A :B =200:169 A :C =200 :182 C/B =C/A*A/B =182/200*200/169 When C runs 182 m B runs 169 when C runs 350 m B runs =350*169/182 =325m
Optical Cable Laying Cost
A optical cable is to be run from a junction point on the bank of a river 900 meters wide to an office that is located 3000 meters downstream on the opposite bank. If the cost of laying cable under water is Rs. 5 per meter and that of laying overhead on land is Rs. 4 per meter, find the point downstream where the cable is to cut across the river.
The storage space required is given by the function P(N) = 4000 √N, where N is the number of boxes used. Find the percentage change in storage if the number of boxes is increased by 1%.
A file is transferred from one location to another in ‘buckets’. The size of the bucket is 10 kilobytes. The bucket gets filled at the rate of 0.0001 kilobytes per millisecond. The transmission time from sender to receiver is 10 milliseconds per bucket. After the receipt of the bucket the receiver sends an acknowledgement that reaches sender in 100 milliseconds. Assuming no error during transmission, write a formula to calculate the time taken in seconds to successfully complete the transfer of a file of size N kilobytes.
(a) 10.11 N
(b) 11.011 N
(c) 11.01 N
(d) 10.011 N
Local Time of Landing
An aircraft takes off from A (89o N Lat, 10o E Long) at 2.00 AM local time to B (32o N Lat, 70o W Long). If the flying time is 10 hours what is the local time of landing at B?
(a) 5.40 AM
(b) 4.00 AM
(c) 6.40 AM
Percentage of Rise in Temperature
The temperature at Chennai is given by the function: -t2/6+4t+12 where t is the elapsed time since midnight. What is the percentage rise (or fall) in temperature between 4.00 PM and 9.00 PM?
Find the Value and Express in Decimal
If A= 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1
B= 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 1
C= 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 1
Then find the value of [A U C] U B and express it in decimal.
Four Times as many Minutes
Fifty minutes ago if it was four times as many minutes past 3′o’ clock, how many minutes is it to 6 ‘o’ clock?
Click Here To Aptitude More Questions