DGE Tamil Nadu Scholarships Online Application Forms 2010
DIRECTORATE OF GOVERNMENT EXAMINATIONS, CHENNAI – 600 006. “CENTRAL SECTOR SCHEME OF SCHOLARSHIP FOR COLLEGE AND UNIVERSITY STUDENTS”
Applications are invited from eligible students for the award of scholarship under the above scheme. The candidates who have passed and secured a minimum of 80% of marks and above in the Higher Secondary Examination held in March 2010, conducted by the State Board of School Examinations, Tamil Nadu and pursuing FIRST YEAR of higher studies in 2010-2011 (not correspondence or distance mode) are eligible to submit application for getting scholarship announced by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Department of Higher Education, Government of India.
From the applications received, the required number of 4883 applications will be selected based on merit category wise.
The scholarship will be given @ Rs.1000/- per month at Graduation level for first three years of College and University courses and Rs.2000/- per month at Post graduation level. Students pursuing professional courses would get Rs.2000/- per month in the 4th and 5th year. The scholarship would be paid for 10 months in an academic year.
The award of scholarship shall be subject to the following conditions:
1. The scholarship shall be awarded to the Indian nationals only.
2. The Undergraduate/Post graduate/Professional courses are pursued in a recognized college/institution in India.
3. The students should belong to non-creamy layer (Parental income not exceeding Rs.4.5 lakhs per annum) as defined by the Department of Personnel and Training in their Notification No.36012/22/93-Estt. (SCT), dated 08.11.1993 and as modified vide their OM No.36033/3/2004-Estt. (Res) dated 09.03.2004 and as may be further modified from time to time and not availing of any other scholarship scheme.
4. The reservation would be applicable in terms of Central Reservation Policy and internal earmarking.
5. The scholarship will be distributed amongst Pass outs of the Science, Commerce Humanities and Vocational Streams in the ratio of 3: 2: 0.5: 0.5 with equal number among boys and girls.
The Blank application forms can be downloaded by the eligible candidates through http://www.tn.gov.in/dge on or before 12.11.2010.
The filled-in applications (Annexure III to VI the formats of which are available in this website) should be submitted to the Joint Director (Hr.Sec.), Directorate of Government Examinations, DPI Campus, College Road, Chennai – 6 on or before 16.11.2010 either by Registered or Speed Post.
Needless to mention that this is a provisional offer only and final selection will depend upon the student satisfying the eligibility criteria and number of scholarships ear-marked for this Board.
Click Here To DGE Tamil nadu Scholarships Online Application Forms 2010