UGC NET Teaching & Research Aptitude (Paper -I) June 2010 Exam
General Paper on Teaching & Research Aptitude (Paper -I)
Paper – I
Note : This paper contains Sixty (60) multiple choice questions, each question carrying two (2) marks.
Candidate is expected to answer any Fifty (50) questions.
In case more than 50 questions are attempted, only the first 50 questions will be evaluated.
1. In communication, a major barrier to reception of messages is
(A) audience attitude
(B) audience knowledge
(C) audience education
(D) audience income
2. Post-modernism is associated with
3. Didactic communication is
4. In communication, the language is
(A) the non-verbal code
(B) the verbal code
(C) the symbolic code
(D) the iconic code
5. Identify the correct sequence of the following :
(A) Source, channel, message, receiver
(B) Source, receiver, channel, message
(C) Source, message, receiver, channel
(D) Source, message, channel, receiver
6. Assertion (A) : Mass media promote a culture of violence in the society.
Reason (R) : Because violence sells in the market as people themselves are violent in character.
(A) Both (A) and (R) are true and (R)
is the correct explanation of (A).
(B) Both (A) and (R) are true, but
(R) is not the correct explanation of (A).
(C) (A) is true, but (R) is false.
(D) Both (A) and (R) are false
7. When an error of 1% is made in the length of a square, the percentage error in the area of a square will be
(A) 0 (B) 1/2
(C) 1 (D) 2
8. On January 12, 1980, it was a Saturday. The day of the week on January 12, 1979 was
(A) Thursday (B) Friday
(C) Saturday (D) Sunday
9. If water is called food, food is called tree, tree is called earth, earth is called world, which of the following grows a fruit ?
(A) Water (B) Tree
(C) World (D) Earth
10. E is the son of A, D is the son of B, E is married to C, C is the daughter of B. How is D related to E ?
(A) Brother (B) Uncle
(C) Father-in-law (D) Brother-in-law
11. If INSURANCE is coded as ECNARUSNI, how HINDRANCE will be coded ?
12. Find the next number in the following series :
2, 5, 10, 17, 26, 37, 50, ?
(A) 63 (B) 65
(C) 67 (D) 69
13. Which of the following is an example of circular argument ?
(A) God created man in his image and man created God in his own image.
(B) God is the source of a scripture and the scripture is the source of our knowledge of God.
(C) Some of the Indians are great because India is great.
(D) Rama is great because he is Rama.
14. Lakshmana is a morally good person because
(A) he is religious
(B) he is educated
(C) he is rich
(D) he is rational
15. Two statements I and II given below are followed by two conclusions (a) and (b). Supposing the statements are true, which of the following conclusions can logically follow ?
I. Some religious people are morally good.
II. Some religious people are rational.
(a) Rationally religious people are good morally.
(b) Non-rational religious persons are not morally good.
(A) Only (a) follows.
(B) Only (b) follows.
(C) Both (a) and (b) follow.
(D) Neither (a) nor (b) follows.
16. Certainty is
(A) an objective fact
(B) emotionally satisfying
Questions from 17 to 18 are based on the following diagram in which there are three intersecting circles I, S and P where circle I stands for Indians, circle S stands for scientists and circle P for politicians. Different regions of the figure are lettered from a to g.
click here for more papers