Procedure for Selection:
– As decided by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, the procedure for selection of candidates for admission to the Bachelor Degree Courses in Engineering/Technology in National Institute of Technology Durgapur and in other NITs is on the basis of State Rank/ All India Rank (AIR) of AIEEE conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, and the same is executed through counselling by Central Counselling Board, AIEEE under guidance from MHRD, GOI as per schedule notified by CCB.
– In addition to the normal intake, a few seats are reserved for Foreign Students who are nominated by the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India, and the Indian Council of Cultural Relations, Government of India.
– The minimum academic qualification for admission is “pass” in the qualifying examination (10+2 or its equivalent) with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English, having secured pass marks in each subject.
– Only those candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 01, 1984 are eligible for admission in 2009-2010 session. However in case of SC, ST and PH candidates, the upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years.
– The candidate must be in good mental and physical health, and should satisfy the standard physical fitness criteria of the Institute (to be examined and certified by the Medical Officer of the Institute).
Final Admission to the Institution:
– Following the counselling procedure as adopted by CCB, the allotment letter is handed over to the successful candidate, and the candidate is instructed to report to the respective NIT within a specified date.
– For admission to NIT Durgapur, the candidate will be required to bring the following certificates/ documents in original with a set of photocopies at the time of final admission:
(i) AIR Card issued by CBSE
(ii) Allotment Letter issued by CCB
(iii) Date of Birth Certificate
(iv) Certificate/ Marksheet of qualifying examination
(v) Caste Certificate for OBC, SC, ST candidates
(vi) PH Certificate if applicable
(vii) 10 Nos. of Photographs (Colour Passport)
– For details of AIEEE Examination and Central Counselling Board, please visit:
A. For Engineering Disciplines:
– B.E. or B.Tech. in Engg./Tecnology in respective branch of Engg or AMIE(I), AMIIM, AMIIChE by examination having two year of professional experience.
B. For Other Disciplines:
– Chemistry (Corrosion Science, & Technology): M.Sc. in Chemistry (Pure/Applied), B.E. or B.Tech. in ChE.
– Mathematics( Operation Research in Industry/Business Management): B.E./B.Tech. in Engg./Technology, or M.Sc. ( with Mathematics at graduate level), AMIE, AMIM, AMIIChE with two years of professional experience.
– Physics(Advanced Materials Science & Technology): B.E./B.Tech. in Engg./Technology in Metallurgical & Materials Engg., Mechanical Engg., Electronics & Communication Engg. or M.Sc.in Physics, Applied Physics,Materials Science or Electronics.
– Geology(Environmental Science & Technology): B.E./B.Tech. in Engg./Technology in Biotechnology, Chemical Engg., Civil Engg., Electrical Engg., Metallurgical & Materials Engg., Mechanical Engg., or M.Sc.in Physics, Chemistry, Geology, Botany, Zoology or Agricultural Sciences.
Procedure for Selection:
– For full-time courses, candidates will have to qualify in GATE, conducted by IITs. They shall have to appear for interview/viva-voce for final selection. Unemployed Non-GATE candidates may be considered for admission to the full-time courses subject to the availability of seats but they will not be entitled to scholarship. Non-GATE candidates for full-time courses will be selected through college admission test (written/interview).
– Candidates working in industries and business organisations around Durgapur (within the radius of 20 KMs from the college) fulfilling the above qualifications may also apply for part-time courses. No-objection certificate from their employer will be essential for admission.
– Application form is available from the Office of the Dean (Research & Consultancy), on payment of cash at the Institute cash counter or by post. The date and time of distribution and receipt of forms is intimated through the Institute Website http://www.nitdgp.ac.in
The candidate must have passed 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English.
Accommodation is provided to all foreign students in hostels.
Application should be routed through the respective embassy and the Ministry of External Affairs, GOI or the Indian Council for Cultural Relations, GOI.