VIT Vellore B.Tech Entrance Exam Important Dates and Syllabus | VIT Engineering Entrance Examination 2010 | VITEEE 2010 Application Forms
Get the B.Tech. advantage at VIT
The first Indian University to get the coveted ABET, USA accreditation
In the first phase, ABET accreditation for B.Tech in Mech. & Civil has been obtained. Other programmes to follow suit
accreditation for B.Tech in Mech. & Civil has been obtained. Other programmes to follow suit. Applications are invited for
VIT Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE – 2010) :17th April 2010 (Saturday)
B.Tech. Programmes Offered at Vellore Campus
2. Bio-Medical Engineering
4. Civil Engineering
5. Computer Science & Engineering
6. Electronics & Communication Engineering
7. Electrical & Electronics Engineering
8. Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
9. Information Technology
10. Mechanical Engineering
11. Mechanical (Spec. in Chemical Process Engg.)
12. Mechanical (Spec. in Energy Engg.)
B.Tech. Programmes Offered at Proposed Chennai Campus
1. Civil Engineering
2. Computer Science & Engineering
3. Electronics & Communication Engineering
4. Electrical & Electronics Engineering
1. Candidates born on or after 1st July 1988 are eligible to apply for VITEEE-2010. They should have studied in regular, full-time, formal stream in the school.
2.A pass in 10+2 or its equivalent with a minimum average of 60% of marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics or Biology (PCM/PCB).
3.A pass in 10+2 or its equivalent with 50% average marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics or Biology (PCM/PCB) for
4.Candidates belonging to SC / ST.
5.Students hailing from Jammu & Kashmir and from the North Eastern States of Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Tripura, Sikkim, Nagaland, Mizoram and Arunachal Pradesh.
6. Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics (PCM) candidates are eligible for all the programmes.
7. Physics, Chemistry & Biology (PCB) candidates are eligible only for B.Tech. Bioinformatics, Bio-Medical Engg. & Biotechnology programmes.
8. Candidates appearing for the 10+2 examination in March / April 2010 are also eligible to apply.
ENTRANCE EXAMINATION CENTRES
Agartala, Agra, Ahmedabad, Aligarh, Allahabad, Anantapur, Asansol, Aurangabad (Maharashtra), Bangalore, Bareilly, Berhampur, Bhagalpur, Bhathinda, Bhilai, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Bikaner, Bilaspur, Bokaro, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Dehradun, Delhi, Dhanbad, Dibrugarh, Durgapur, Gangtok, Goa, Gorakhpur, Gurgaon, Guwahati, Gwalior, Hissar, Hubli, Hyderabad, Indore, Itanagar, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jalandhar, Jamshedpur, Jhansi, Jodhpur, Kanpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Kota, Kozhikode, Kurukshetra, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Madurai, Mahabubnagar, Mangalore, Moradabad, Mumbai. Muzzafarpur, Nagpur, Nashik, Nellore, Nizamabad, Noida, Pant Nagar, Patna, Port Blair, Pudhucherry, Pune, Raebareli, Raipur, Rajahmundry, Rajkot, Ranchi, Roorkee, Rourkela, Salem, Shillong, Shimla, Silchar, Siliguri, Surat, Thiruvananthapuram, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Tirupati, Udaipur, Ujjain, Vadodara, Varanasi, Vellore, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Warangal;
Application forms can be obtained
1. from the designated branches of Post Offices on cash payment of Rs.750/-. Details available in the VIT website: www.vit.ac.in
2. by sending a Demand Draft for Rs.750/- drawn in favour of “VIT University”, payable at Vellore, to the Admissions Officer with a request letter containing the full address of the applicant
3. by handing over a DD for Rs.750/- in person at VIT University, Vellore (or) at Chennai Administrative Office
Important Dates :
Issue of application forms from :14.12.2009
Last date of receipt of application:20.02.2010
Entrance Examination on :17.04.2010
For further details, visit our website: www.vit.ac.in or contact:
Tamil Nadu, India.
Phone: + 91-416-220 2125,
220 2157, 220 2168
Fax: +91-416-224 5544, 224 0411