CBSE announced the date of AIEEE Exam 2009
All India Engineering/Architecture Entrance Examination (AIEEE ) 2009 for admission to Engineering and Architecture (including Planning) programmes at the undergraduate level in the country is being conducted by CBSE
All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) is held for the candidates seeking admission to Engineering, Architecture, Planning and Pharmacy degree courses in different engineering colleges and institutes in India. A centralized counselling system is provided for filling up the available seats all over India. This counselling is available only for the candidates who stand in merit of All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE).
The exam date for All India Engineering Entrance Examination had been announced by CBSE i.e. 26th April 2009.
The sale of application form from the identified branches of Syndicate Banks all over India, identified institutions and Regional Offices of CBSE will be started from 5th December, 2008 to 5th January, 2009.
The last date for submission of application form in the Board office is 10th January, 2009 till 5.00 p.m.
AIEEE 2009 : Scheme of AIEEE Exam
Entrance examination consists of two papers i.e.
1st paper -consisting of three parts of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics of equal weightage with objective type questions for B.E/B.Tech courses and
2nd paper – consisting of Mathematics, Aptitude Test and Drawing for B. Architecture and B. Planning. The Aptitude Test is designed to evaluate candidate’s perception, imagination, observation, creativity and architectural awareness.
Requirement of papers for different courses
B.E/B.TECH – Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics
B.ARCH/B. PLANNING – Mathematics, Aptitude Test & Drawing Test
Scoring and Negative Marking
For each incorrect response, one third of the total marks allotted to the question would be deducted. No deduction from the total score will, however, be made if no response is indicated for an item in the answer sheet.Each question is of 3 Marks and 1 Mark deducted for each incorrect answer. The candidates are advised not to attempt such item in the answer sheet if they are not sure of the correct response. Each question can only have one correct answer. More than one answer indicated against a question will be deemed as incorrect response and will be negatively marked. Candidates can opt for question papers either in English or in Hindi.
1. The minimum academic qualification for admission through AIEEE is a pass in the final examination of 10+2 (Class XII) or its equivalent . Those appearing in 10+2 (Class XII) final or equivalent examination may also appear in AIEEE for consideration of provisional admission
2. Subject combinations required in the qualifying examination for admission to B.E./B.Tech is Physics & Mathematics and one optional subject from Chemistry, Bio-technology, Computer Science or Biology.
3. Subject combinations required in the qualifying examination for admission to B.ARCH/B. PLANNING is Mathematics with 50% marks in aggregate at 10 + 2 level.
4. Only Indian nationals are eligible.
5. Only those candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 01, 1984 are eligible.for AIEEE 2009. For SC, ST and PH candidates uppeer age limit is relaxed by 5 years.
Number of Attempts
The number of attempts are limited to 3 (three) uniformly for all the candidates in consecutive years.
CBSE Papers : SC allows CBSE to implement new AIPMT scheme from 2009 2010
The Supreme Court permitted CBSE to implement its revised two stage All India Pre-Medical Test (AIPMT) scheme for filling up 15 per cent seats from all India quota in admission to MBBS and Dental courses from the academic year 2009-2010.
The apex court granted the permission when counsel for CBSE pleaded that the single stage AIPMT scheme, which was in vogue till 2004, has to be changed to two stage revised scheme comprising of preliminary objective test and final subjective test as it will save the financial burden on CBSE as lesser manpower will be required for conducting the entrance test.
List of Colleges Participating in AIEEE-2009
A. National Institutes of Technology(NIT)
1. National Institute of Technology (NIT), Agartala
2. Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology, Allahabad (U.P.)
3. Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh)
4. National Institute of Technology, Calicut (Kerela)
5. National Institute of Technology, Durgapur (West Bengal)
6. National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur (Himachal Pradesh)
7. Malviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur (Rajasthan)
8. Dr. B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology, Jalandhar (Punjab)
9. National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur (Jharkhand)
10. National Institute of Technology, Kurukshetra (Haryana)
11. Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology, Nagpur (Maharashtra)
12. National Institute of Technology, Patna (Bihar)
13. National Institute of Technology, Rourkela (Orissa)
14. National Institute of Technology, Silchar (Assam)
15. National Institute of Technology, Hazartbal, Srinagar (J & K)
16. Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat (Gujarat)
17. National Institute of Technology, Surathkal (Karnataka)
18. National Institute of Technology, Tiruchirapalli (Tamil Nadu)
19. National Institute of Technology, Warangal (Andhra Pradesh)
20. National Institute of Technology (NIT), Raipur (Chhattisgarh)
B. Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIIT) and Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management (IIITM)
1. Indian Institute of Information Technology, Jhalwa, Allahabad (U.P.)
2. Indian Institute of Information Technology, Amethi , Allahabad (UP)
3. Atal Bihari Vajpayee Indian Institute of Information Technology & Management, Gwalior (M.P.)
4. Pandit Dwarka Prasad Mishra Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacturing, Jabalpur (M.P.)
5. Indian Institute of Information Technology, Design & Manufacturing, Kanchipuram, Tamil Nadu
C. Self Financed Deemed Universities/University
1. International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad (A.P.)
2. Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi (Jharkhand)
3. Birla Institute of Technology, Patna (Bihar)
4. Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Gandhinagar, Jammu Tawi (J & K)
5. Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, Bhubhaneswar (Orissa)
6. The Shanmugha Arts, Science, Technology & Research Academy (Sastra), Thanjavur (Tamil Nadu)
7. The LNM Institute of Information Technology, Jaipur (Rajasthan)
8. Sri Chandrasekharendra Saraswati Viswa Mahavidyalaya, Kanchipuram (Tamil Nadu)
9. Dr. M.G.R. Educational and Research Institute, Chennai (Tamil Nadu)
10.Faculty of Engineering & Technology, Gurukul Kangri Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar (Uttarakhand)
11. Jaipur National University, Jagatpura, Jaipur (Rajasthan)
12. Lovely Professional University, Phagwara, Distt. Kapurthala (Punjab)
13. Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, Gandhinagar, Jammu Tawi (J & K)
14. Kalasalingam University, Anand Nagar, Krishnan Koil (TN)
15. Sir Padampat Singhania University, Udaipur (Rajasthan)
16. Siksha ‘O’ Anusandhan University, Bhubaneswar (Orissa)
D. Other Central Government Funded Institutions
1. Indian Institute of Carpet Technology, Bhadohi (U.P.) (IICT, Bhadohi)
2. School of Planning and Architecture, I.P. Estate, New Delhi (SPA, Delhi)
3. National Insitute of Foundary & Forge Technology, Ranchi (Jharkhand), (NIFFT, Ranch)
4. Assam University, Silchar (Assam)
5. J.K. Institute of Applied Physics & Technology, University of Allahabad, Allahabad- 211002 (U.P.)
6. Tezpur University, NAPAAM, Tezpur (Assam)
7. M.J.P. Rohilkhand University, Bareilly (UP)
8. School of Planning and Architecture, Bhopal
9. School of Planning and Architecture, Vijayawada
The States/Institutes listed below are likely to use AIEEE-2009 ranks to fill seats through their own counselling.
3. Himachal Pradesh (All India Quota will be filled through Central Counselling Board)
4. Army Institute of Technology, Pune, Maharashtra
5. 15% All India Quota in Delhi College of Engineering and N.S.I.T., Delhi under Delhi University will be filled through Central Counselling Board.