CAG’s Online National Level Essay Competition 2011
The competition is open only for the Indian citizens who are not more than 28 years of age as on 16 November, 2011.
The length of essay is 2500 words. The essay can be emailed to email@example.com from 1 st June to 31st August 2011 till 5:00 PM. Only one entry from one student is allowed. The essay can be sent either in Hindi or in English. There will be three prizes in both the languages. The award money for the first prize is Rs. 50,000/, for the second prize Rs. 40,000 and for the third prize Rs. 30, 000/. There will also be 3 consolation prizes in both the languages amounting to Rs. 10,000/each.
Essay Competition 2011 Guidelines
Closing Date : 31st August, 2011
Theme of the Essay: “Role of CAG in Meeting Challenges of Good Governance”
Any student who is currently enrolled in a program of study leading to Graduation or Post‐graduation from any school/college/institution recognized by University. Only one entry from each candidate will be considered for competition. The candidate should not be more than 28 years as on 16.11.2011.
Length of the Essay :
Each participant must be required to write on the above theme. The length of the essay should be 2500 words. The essay can be either in English or in Hindi. Essays will be evaluated separately in both the languages.
Prize for Winners:
The winners of the essay competition will be awarded prize money along with a citation as given below:
1. First Prize : Rs. 50,000/‐ each
2. Second Prize : Rs. 40,000/‐ each
3. Third Prize : Rs. 30,000/‐ each and
4. Three consolation prizes of Rs. 10,000/‐ each.
The participants can submit the essays online. They must e‐mail the essays as an attachment to : firstname.lastname@example.org from 01/06/2011 at 1000 hrs to 31/08/2011 at 1700 hrs. Evaluation Criteria:
The essays will be judged by an expert committee, in accordance with the level of understanding of the content, clarity, persuasiveness, critical thinking and its originality. The quality analysis will be done on its comprehensiveness. Besides these parameters, coherence, organization and linguistic proficiency will be other parameters of evaluation. Any level of plagiarism as well as nonconformity to the guidelines of the competition will lead to the disqualification of the participant from the competition. The candidate should ensure that the Essay is conforming to the specified limits of length before submission.
The copyright of the essays once submitted will automatically be deemed to have been transferred to the Conducting Authority. However, the copyright of essays which have not been selected for prizes will automatically be deemed to have been transferred back to the respective authors.
1. Essay must be neatly typed on ‘A‐4’ size paper with a line‐spacing of 1.5. English essay may be typed using MSWord, Times New Roman font size ‐14, and Hindi essay by using Akshar for windows with a font size 15.
2. Candidates are advised to submit only one entry for the competition. Sending more than one entry will lead to disqualification.
3. It is necessary for the participants to give all details as required in the prescribed format from Sl.No. 1 to 7 on the title page. These details may be verified by the conducting authority before announcement of results.
4. Candidates should not include or make direct reference to their identity inside the essay text, to avoid disqualification from the essay competition.
TITLE PAGE FORMAT
1. Name of Participant (Mr./Ms.) :
2. Father’s Name :
3. Date of Birth:
4. College/University :
5. School/College Identity Card No :
6. Graduate/ Post graduate program in which enrolled :
7. Contact Information :
Telephone number :
The details of essay competition are available on our websites, www.cag.gov.in and www.saiindia.gov.in. For further queries please contact email@example.com