CPCL Refinery Technicians Recruitment Online Application Forms 2010 | CPCL Recruitment Notification 2010 | www.cpcl.co.in
Chennai Petroleum Corporation Limited (CPCL), is a Public Sector Undertaking and a Group Company of Indian Oil Corporation Ltd., in the field of Hydro-carbon processing with a refining capacity of 11.5 MMTPA, having Refineries located in Chennai and Nagapattinam, in Tamil Nadu.
CPCL invites applications from persons of Indian Nationality for the post of Refinery Technicians (Mechanical). The number of vacancies indicated is tentative which may increase or decrease at the absolute discretion of the Management.
Vacancies: 07 (SEVEN) (UR-4, OBC-2, SC-1).
Mode of Selection:
The selection shall be made through Written Test and Personal Interview of the short listed candidates. The
written test is tentatively scheduled on 21.11.2010.
1. Candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria and desiring to offer their services should submit their applications
online by logging on to our website www.cpcl.co.in Applications will not be accepted through any other mode.
2. All the qualifications should be full time regular courses from a Government recognized University / Institute.
3. Candidates are required to possess a valid e-mail id, which is to be entered in the application form, so that
intimation regarding downloading of call letter for written test / interview can be sent. CPCL will not be
responsible for any non-receipt / bouncing of any email sent to the candidates.
4. Candidates not belonging to SC/ST category, shall attach with the Registration Slip, a crossed Demand Draft
for ` 200/- (Rupees Two hundred only) as application fee (non-refundable) in favour of CHENNAI
PETROLEUM CORPORATION LIMITED, payable at Chennai. Cheque / MO / Postal Order or any other
mode of payment is not acceptable. SC/ST candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.
5. Candidates (other than SC/ST) are required to furnish the details of Demand Draft (towards application fee) in
order to register their application online.
6. All candidates may take note of the following steps in the process of online submission of application:
a) Login to www.cpcl.co.in
b) Click on “People & Careers” and then “Recruitment of Refinery Technicians”
c) Read the advertisement carefully and click “Register online” and fill up the online application form.
Page 2 of 2
d) Candidates not belonging to SC/ST category should have obtained the Demand Draft beforehand, so as to
enter the DD details in the online application.
e) After entering all the required details, click on “Submit” and take a printout of the Registration Slip.
f) Do not try to save the online form or the registration slip on your computer as you can reprint the
registration slip till the last date of submission of application.
g) Paste a recently taken passport size photograph on the Registration Slip; attach the Demand Draft (in case
of Non SC/ST candidates) or attested copy of Caste Certificate in case of SC/ST candidates.
h) Mention your name and registration number on the reverse of the Demand Draft / attested copy of Caste
Certificate, as applicable.
i) Send the registration slip (pasted with your recent passport size photograph) and DD as well as attested
copy of Caste Certificate in an envelope superscribed as “Application for the position of Refinery
Technician (Mechanical)”, through normal post to “THE ADVERTISER (CPCL), POST BOX NO.9248,
KRISHNA NAGAR HEAD POST OFFICE, NEW DELHI – 110051”, so as to reach us latest by
20.10.2010. Please note that the envelopes sent through registered post or couriers are not accepted on
Post Box No.
j) You will be intimated about the details of written test latest by 01.11.2010.
k) On receipt of the e-mail intimation, you will have to once again follow the steps in (a) and (b) above and
click on “Print Admit card”
l) Take a printout of the Admit card, paste a recently taken passport size photograph (same as the one you
pasted on the Registration Slip) on the Admit card and carry the Admit Card to the Examination venue on
the date and time indicated therein.
m) For reprinting of Registration Slip, follow the steps in (a) & (b) above, and click on “Reprint Registration
Slip”. Fill in the date of birth, email id or registration number and then click on “Continue” to view and
reprint the Registration Slip.
7. Online submission of applications will be kept open from 22.09.2010 to 14.10.2010 (both days inclusive).
Candidates are allowed to apply only once and applications once submitted cannot be altered under any
8. The period of experience will be determined upto 31.10.2010.
9. For claiming the benefit of OBC category, the candidate should submit a proper Caste Certificate as per the
proforma prescribed by the Government of India (copy available on our website www.cpcl.co.in ), which
would, among others, specifically mention that the candidate does not belong to the persons/sections (Creamy
Layer) as mentioned in column 3 of the Schedule to OM No.36012/22/93-Estt.(SCT) dated 08-09-1993 of the
Department of Personnel and Training in the Govt. of India.
10. Candidates serving in Government Departments / PSUs should furnish “NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE” at
the time of interview, failing which they will not be allowed to appear for the interview.
11. Selection and Appointment of candidates is subject to verification of Caste / Character & Antecedents from
12. SC / ST candidates called for Written test / Personal Interview will be reimbursed single Second Class Railway
/ Bus fare from the nearest railway station of the mailing address to the place of test / interview and back by the
shortest route on production of ticket, provided the distance is not less than 30 kms. Reimbursement will be
made subject to submission of TA claim along with original rail ticket / receipt or photocopy thereof or original
bus tickets(s) and copy of Community Certificate. Reimbursement of travel claim will not be allowed, if
Community Certificate is not produced and if the SC / ST candidate is found ineligible as per Press
13. Candidates possessing higher qualification viz. Degree in B.E., B.Tech., A.M.I.E., etc. are not eligible to apply.
Furnishing false / incorrect information or suppression of material fact(s), if detected at any stage even after
appointment, shall invite termination of the service without any notice.
14. While applying for any post, the applicant should ensure that he / she fulfills the eligibility and other norms
mentioned above, as on the specified dates and that the particulars furnished are correct in all respects.
15. For any clarifications, Shri K. Chandrasekaran, Deputy Manager (Personnel) or Shri Tuhin Dutta, Officer
(Personnel) may be contacted at 044-25944282 during office hours (08:00 a.m. to 04:00 p.m.) from Monday to
Friday or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click Here To Application Format