INDIAN AIR FORCE INVITES APPLICATIONS FROM UNMARRIED OUTSTANDING SPORTSMEN FOR GROUP ‘Y’ TRADES
1. Qualification: Candidate should have passed Intermediate/10+2 with science, Arts or Commerce subject or equivalent vocational courses. Vocational courses conducted by CBSE and Kerala Board recognized by Association of Indian University (AIU) only are eligible (10th pass qualification for player who has represented India at International level)
2. Sports Discipline: Athletics, Archery, Aquatics, Basketball, Boxing, Best Physique, Cricket, Cycling, Cross-Country, Cycle Polo, Shooting, Football, Gymnastics, Golf, Handball, Hockey, Kabaddi, Lawn Tennis, Squash Racket, Volleyball, Weight Lifting and Wrestling.
3. Candidate should have achieved the following in any of the above sports discipline.
(i) Represented the country in Junior International meet(s) in any of the above sports discipline.
(ii) Attained up to fifth place in Junior National Championship or Inter University Championship in individual above sports discipline.
(iii) In team events, the individual should have represented state in Junior National Championship or Inter University Championship or National School Tournaments conducted by School Games Federation of India (SGFI) in above sports discipline.
(iv) Preference will be given to medal winners in all the above three categories.
4. Age: Born between 28 Jan 1990 to 28 Jun 1994 (both days inclusive)
5. Medical Standards: (a) Height: Minimum acceptable height: 152.5 cm. (b) Chest: Minimum range of expansion: 5 cm. (c) Weight: Proportionate to height and age. (d) Vision: Minimum visual standard: Unaided 6/36, corrected to at least 6/9 for each eye with spectacles, Dioptectric power not exceeding ± 3.5 Dioptres in any axis. Full field of vision and Defective safe colour vision CP-II/III. (Candidates should bring latest prescription and spectacles for corrected vision, if used). (e) Corneal Surgery (PRK/LASIK) is not acceptable. (f) Hearing Candidates should have normal hearing i.e., able to hear forced whisper from a distance of 6 meters with each ear separately. (g) Dental: Should have healthy gums, good set of teeth and minimum 14 dental points. (h) Health: Candidates should be free from Medical or Surgical deformity. He should be free from all communicable diseases and skin ailments. Candidates must be physically and mentally FIT to perform duty in any part of the world, in any climate and terrain. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
6. Tenure: Enrolment is for an initial period of 20 years extendable up to the age of 57 years.
7. Training: Training period is of 24 weeks for Group ‘Y’ Non-tech trades. Training is however liable to be terminated at any time if the trainee fails to achieve the required standards in academics, profession, physical fitness and discipline or is found to be medically unfit.
8. Pay & Allowances: During training, a stipend of Rs. 5,700/-pm will be paid. On completion of training, starting gross emoluments at the minimum of scale of pay will be 12,000/- pm (approximately) which, in subsequent year, may rise upto Rs. 24,500/- pm (approximately) as per sixth pay commission depending upon the rank attained. In addition, perks such as Ration, Clothing, Medical Facilities, Accommodation, Leave Travel Concession (LTC) etc are also provided as per the existing rules.
9. Promotion :- Promotion prospects exist up to the rank of Master Warrant Officer (MWO). Opportunities to become Commissioned Officer also exist for those airmen who qualify the prescribed examinations, later during their service career.
10. Selection Trials and Written test. Eligible candidates will be sent call letters for selection trials in sports skill and written test (if required). The date and venue will be mentioned in call letters.
11. Physical Fitness Test (PFT): PFT consists of a 1.6 Km run to be completed within 8 minutes. Candidates completing the PFT in less than 7 minutes 30 seconds will be awarded additional marks on a sliding scale. Candidates are advised to bring their sports kit/ playing kit/sports shoes and shorts. 12. Interview and Medical Examination. Candidates who qualify in PFT and selection trials for the game applied for will be interviewed. Those who are recommended in interview will be subjected to Medical Examination by Air Force Medical Team as per IAF medical standards. The candidates are advised to get wax removed from their ears and tartar and stains removed from their teeth before appearing for the selection trials.
HOW TO APPLY
Application Form: APPLICATION SHOULD BE ON A4 SIZE PAPER ONLY
IN THE PRESCRIBED FORMAT Non-standard application forms will be rejected. The following are to be sent along with the application :-
(a) Three copies of unattested recent (not older than three months) passport size COLOUR PHOTOGRAPH (front portrait without headgear except for Sikhs), ONE of which is to be pasted on the application form and the other two are to be stapled to the top left corner of the application form. THE PHOTOGRAPH IS TO BE TAKEN WITH CANDIDATE HOLDING A BLACK SLATE IN FRONT OF HIS CHEST WITH HIS NAME, DATE OF BIRTH AND DATE OF PHOTOGRAPH CLEARLY WRITTEN ON IT WITH WHITE CHALK IN CAPITAL LETTERS. Photographs should be only on good quality “Photo Paper”.
(b) Attested copies of Matriculation Certificate in support of Date of Birth. Attested copies of Marks Sheet & certificates of Educational Qualification alongwith attested copies of Sports achievements certificates. Candidates who have appeared for qualifying examination in 2010 can send ‘e_Marks Sheet’.
(c) One unstamped self addressed 24 cm x 10 cm WHITE ENVELOPE of good quality, stapled/pinned with the application form.
Candidates are to bring with them the following at the time of selection trial:
(a) Four copies of photographs (same as submitted with the application).
(b) Original Matriculation and 10+2 certificates and marks sheet for verification of date of birth.
(c) Original certificates regarding sports achievements.
Indian Air Force Sportsmen Group ‘Y’ Trades Application Forms