ANDHRA PRADESH PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
(REVISED SCHEME AND SYLLABUS, 2007)
SYLLABUS FOR SCREENING TEST (OBJECTIVE TYPE)
GENERAL STUDIES AND MENTAL ABILITY MARKS:150 MINUTES: 150
1. General Science Contemporary developments in Science and Technology and their implications including matters of every day observation and experience, as may be expected of a well-educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline.
2. Current events of national and international importance.
3. History of India emphasis will be on broad general understanding of the subject in its social, economic, cultural and political aspects with a focus on AP Indian National Movement.
4. World Geography and Geography of India with a focus on AP.
5. Indian polity and Economy including the countrys political system- rural development, Planning and economic reforms in India.
6. Mental ability, reasoning and inferences.