APPSC GROUP -II PAPER-II MARKS:150
SOCIAL HISTORY OF ANDHRA PRADESH
(i)SOCIAL AND CULTURAL HISTORY OF ANDHRA PRADESH
1.The Satavahanas and their contribution, social structure, Ikshvakus and their cultural contribution;Buddhism and Jainism ;The Eastern Chalukyas of Vengi their socio-cultural contribution, growth of Telugu language & Literature.
2. Socio- Cultural and Religious conditions in Andhra Desha between first and fifteenth centuries of the Christian Era.
3. Establishment of British Rule 1857 Revolt and its impact on Andhra and Hyderabad Socio-cultural awakening ; Adi-Andhra/Dalit and Justice/self respect movements; Growth of Nationalist Movement in Andhra between 1885 and 1947 Role of socialists communists anti-zamindari-kisan movements.
4. Asafjahi Dynasty socio-cultural awakening in Telangana -Adi-Hindu Movement Nizam Rashtra Janasangham Andhra Mahasabha Andhra Saaraswata Parishat Hyderabad State Congress and Vandemataram Movement.
5. Growth of Leftist / Communist Movement and Telangana Peoples Armed Struggle, Ittehadul-Muslimeen, Razakars-anti-Nizam Struggles and end of Nizams Rule. Integration of Hyderabad State into Indian Union, Formation of Andhra Pradesh, Important historical events after 1956.
(ii) GENERAL OVERVIEW OF THE INDIAN CONSTITUTION
1. Salient features of the Indian Constitution Preamble , Fundamental Duties, Fundamental Rights, Directive Principles of State Policy and their relationship.
2. Distinctive features of Indian Federation – Distribution of Legislative Powers between the Union and the State; Relative roles of Legislature, Executive and Judiciary.
1. Community development experiment 3 tier model of Panchayat Raj 73rd and 74th amendments and their implementation.
2. Welfare Mechanism in India : Provisions for Scheduled Castes, Tribes and Minorities ; Reservations for SC, ST and Backward Classes ; Prevention of SC and ST Atrocities Act ; National and State SC and ST Commission ; Womens Commission ; National and States Minorities Commission and Human Rights Commission.
3. Unicameral and Bicameral Legislatures Functions and crises of accountability, decline of legislature.