Bank Clerk Exam Quantitative Aptitude Solved Questions | Quantitative Aptitude Solved Questions For Bank Clerk Exam
Quantitative Aptitude Solved Questions
1. A square garden has fourteen posts along each side at equal interval. Find how many posts are there in all four sides:
(a) 56 (b) 52 (c) 44 (d) 60
2. Average age of students of an adult school is 40 years. 120 new students whose average age is 32 years joined the school. As a result the average age is decreased by 4 years. Find the number of students of the school after joining of the new students:
(a) 1200 (b) 120 (c) 360 (d) 240
3. When Rs 250 added to 1/4th of a given amount of money makes it smaller than 1/3rd of the given amount of money by Rs 100. What is the given amount of money?
(a) Rs 350 (b) Rs 600 (c) Rs 4200 (d) Rs 3600
4. Find the least number of candidates in an examination so that the percentage of successful candidates should be 76.8%:
(a) 500 (b) 250 (c) 125 (d) 1000w w w.w a y 2 f r e s h e r s . c o m
5. The number of times a bucket of capacity 4 litres to be used to fill up a tank is less than the number of times another bucket of capacity 3 litres used for the same purpose by 4. What is the capacity of the tank?
(a) 360 litres (b) 256 litres (c) 48 litres (d) 525 litres
6. a hostel. One day some students were absent as a result, the quantity of rice has been spent in the ratio of 6 : 5. How many students were present on that day?
(a) 24 (b) 20 (c) 15 (d) 25
w a y 2 f r e s h e r s . c o m
7. The ratio of daily wages of two workers is 4 : 3 and one gets daily Rs 9 more than the other, what are their daily wages?
(a) Rs 32 and Rs 24 (b) Rs 60 and Rs 45
(c) Rs 80 and Rs 60 (d) Rs 36 and Rs 27
8. Find the ratio of purchase price and sell price if there is loss of 12 1/2%.
(a) 7 : 8 (b) 8 : 7 (c) 2 : 25 (d) 25 : 2
w w w.w a y 2 f r e s h e r s . c o m
9. 0.8 portion of a tank is filled with water. If 25 litres of water is taken out from the tank, 14 litres of excess water over the half filled up tank remains in it. Find the capacity of the tank.
(a) 100 litres (b) 130 litres
(c) 200 litres (d) 150 litres
10. The ratio of ages of two persons is 4 : 7 and one is 30 years older than the other. Find the sum of their ages.
(a) 210 years (b) 110 years (c) 90 years (d) 140 years
11. The ratio of the age of a gentleman and his wife is 4 : 3. After 4 years this ratio will be 9 : 7. If at the time of their marriage the ratio was 5 : 3, how many years ago they were married?
(a) 10 years (b) 8 years
(c) 12 years (d) 15 yearsw w w.w a y 2 f r e s h e r s . c o m
12. Sum of two numbers prime to each other is 20 and their L.C.M. is 99. What are the numbers?
(a) 8 and 12 (b) 14 and 6
(c) 19 and 1 (d) 11 and 9
13. Find the greatest number which on dividing 107 and 120 leaves remainders 5 and 1 respectively.
(a) 25 (b) 6 (c) 9 (d) 17
14.. Express Rs 25 as percentage of Rs 75:
(a) 3% (b) 30% (c) . .3 % (d) 33.3%
14. The sum of the present age of the father and his daughter is 42 years. 7 years later, the father will be 3 times old than the daughter. The present age of the father is:
(a) 35 (b) 28 (c) 32 (d) 33
15. 42 oranges are distributed among some boys and girls. If each boy gets 3 then each girl gets 6. But if each boy gets 6 and each girl gets 3, it needs 6 more. The number of girls is:
(a) 4 (b) 6 (c) 8 (d) 10
16. An alloy of zinc and copper contains the metals in the ratio 5 : 3. The quantity of zinc to be added to 16 kg of the alloy so that the ratio of the metal may be 3 : 1 is:
(a) 2 kg (b) 4 kg (c) 3 kg (d) 8 kg