21. The Novice hockey tournaments are on for beginners. Just three teams are in the league, and each plays the other two teams just once. Only part of the information appears in the result chart, which is given below.
Team Games Won Lost Tied Goals For Goals against
A 2 1 0
B 2 1 1 2
The scoring pattern in the tournament is as follows:
Two points are awarded to the winning team. In case of a tie, both teams are awarded one point, so the total points in the standings should always equal the total number of games played ( since each game played is counted as one for each of the two participating teams). Of course, total goals scored for and goals scored against must be the same, since every goal scored for one team is scored against another.
The games are played in the following order: Game 1: A Vs B; Game 2: A Vs C; Game B Vs C
Can you determine the score of each of the above games ?
Ans: A – B = 0-1.
A – C = 0-0.
B – C = 0-2.
22. A recent murder case centered around the six men, clam, flip, gront, herm, mast, and walt. In one order or another these man were the victim, the murderer, the witness, the police, the judge, and the hangman. The facts of the case were simple. The victim had died instantly from the effect of gunshot wound inflicted a shot. After a lengthy trial the murderer was convicted, sentenced to death, and hanged.
Mast knew both the victim and the murderer.
In court the judge asked clam his account of the shooting.
Walt was the last of the six to see flip alive.
The police testified that he picked up gront near the place where the body was found.
Herm and walt never met.
What role did each of the following play in this melodrama ?
a) Murderer – Flip.
b) Victim – Herm.
c) Judge – Mast.
d) Witness – Gront.
22.There are 6 people related to a murder case Fillip, walt, Mark, joseph, peter, and george. Each of them is police ,murderer, judge, Witness, victim, and hangman. Maynot be in the same order. The murderer is hanged up for this crime.
Following are some statements,
1. Joseph knows both witness and murderer
2. Walt is the last who saw fillip alive.
3. Police made sure that he arrested george at the murder site.
4. Peter doesn’t meet Walt.
Find who played following role in the above drama
4. Hangman ( 8 Marks)
1. Murderer – Walt
2. Judge – Joseph
3. Witness – George
4. Hangman – Peter
23. Fodder, pepsi and cereale often eat dinner out.
a) each orders either coffee or tea after dinner.
b) if fodder orders coffee, then pepsi orders the drink that cereale orders
c) if pepsi orders coffee, then fodder orders the drink that cereale doesnot oder
d) if cereale orders tea, then fodder orders the drink that pepsi orders
which person/persons always orders the same drink after dinner ?
24. At a recent birthday party there were four mothers and their children. Aged 1,2,3 and 4. from the clues below can you work out whose child is whose and their relevant ages ?
It was jane’s child’s birthday party.
Brian is not the oldest child.
Sarah had Anne just over a year ago.
Laura’s Child will be next birthday.
Daniel is older than Charlie is.
Teresa’s child is the oldest.
Charlie is older than Laura’s child.
Jane – Charlie -3
Laura – Brian – 2
Teresa – Daniel – 4
Sarah – Anne – 1
25. We are given 100 pieces of a puzzle. If fixing two components together is counted as 1 move ( a component can be one piece or an already fixed set of pieces), how many moves do we need to fix the entire puzzle.
26. Two guys work at some speed…After some time one guy realises he has done only half of the other guy completed which is equal to half of what is left !!! #$%#$
So how much faster than the other is this guy supposed to do to finish with the first… (This one stumped me)..
Ans: one and half times or 3/2
27. There is a square cabbage patch.He told his sister
that i have a larger patch than last year and hence
211 more cabbages thios year.Then how many cabbages i
have this year.?
28. There are three guesses on the color of a mule
1 says:itz not black
2 says:itz brown or grey
3 says: itz brown
Atlest one of them is wrong and one of them is
true…..Then whatz the color of mule?
29. Jim,Bud and sam were rounded up by the police yesterday. because one of them was suspected of having robbed the local bank. The three suspects made the following statements under intensive questioning.
Jim: I’m innocent
Bud: I’m innocent
Sam: Bud is the guilty one.
If only one of the statements turned out to be true, who robbed the
30. There are two containers on a table. A and B . A is half full of
wine, while B, which is twice A’s size,is onequarter full of wine . Both containers are filled with water and the contents are poured into a
third container C. What portion of container C’s mixture is wine ?
31. A man was on his way to a marriage in a car with a constant speed.
After 2 hours one of the tier is punctured and it took 10 minutes to replace it. After that they traveled with a speed of 30 miles/hr and reached the marriage 30 minutes late to the scheduled time. The driver told that they would be late by 15 minutes only if the 10 minutes was not waste. Find the distance between the two towns?
Ans: 120 miles
32. An artist has exactly seven paintings — ,T,U,V,W,X,Y, and Z — from which she must choose exactly five to be in an exhibit. Any
combination is acceptable provided it meets the following conditions:
* If T is chosen , X cannot be chosen
* If U is chosen , Y must also be chosen
* If V is chosen , X must also be chosen