1. A man starts his walking at 3PM from point A, he walks at the rate of 4km/hr in plains and 3km/hr in hills to reach the point B. During his return journey he walks at the rate of 6km/hr in hills and 4km/hr in plains and reaches the point A at 9PM.What is the distance between A and B?
T1-time for forward journey,
T2-time for return journey
D1+D2=forward /return distance
D1-distance in plains
D2-distance in hills
D1/4 +D2/3=T1 (forward time)
D1/4 +D2/6=T2 (return time)
Adding we will get D1+D2=12 km
2. A boy asks his father, ” what is the age of grand father?”. Father replied ” He is x years old in x^2 years”, and also said, “we are talking about 20th century”. what is the year of birth of grand father?
3. A boy travels in a scooter after covering 2/3rd of the distance the wheel got punctured he covered the remaining distance by walk. Walking time is twice that of the time the boy’s riding time. How many times the riding speed as that of the walking speed?
Ans: 4 times.
4. In a Knockout tournament 51 teams are participated, every team thrown out of the tournament if they lost twice. How many matches to be held to choose the winner?
Ans: 101 matches
5. A man sold 2 pens. Initial cost of each pen was Rs. 12. If he sell it together one at 25% profit and another 20% loss. Find the amount of loss or gain, if he sells them separately.
Ans: 60 Paise gain
6. Find the 3 digit no. whose last digit is the squareroot of the first digit and second digit is the sum of the other two digits.
7. Meera was playing with her brother using 55 blocks.She gets bored playing and starts arranging the blocks such that the no. of blocks in each row is one less than that in the lower row. Find how many were there in the bottom most row?
8. Two people are playing with a pair of dies. Instead of numbers, the dies have different colors on theirsides. The first person wins if the same color appears on both the dies and the second person wins if the colors are different. The odds of their winning are equal. If the first dice has 5 red sides and 1 blue side, find the color(s) on the second one.
Ans: 3 Red, 3 Blue
9. A person travels in a car with uniform speed. He observes the milestone, which has 2 digits. After one hour he observes another milestone with same digits reversed. After another hour he observes another milestone with same 2 digits separated by 0. Find the speed of the car?
Ans : 45
10. Three persons A, B &C went for a robbery in different directions and
they theft one horse, one mule and one camel. They were caught by the police and when interrogated gave the following statements
A: B has stolen the horse
B: I didn’t rob anything.
C: both A & B are false and B has stolen the mule.
The person who has stolen the horse always tell the truth and
The person who has stolen the camel always tell the lie.
Find who has stolen which animal?
11. One quarter of the time till now from midnight and half of the time
remaining from now up to midnight adds to the present time. What is the present time?
12. After world war II three departments did as follows First department gave some tanks to 2nd &3rd departments equal to the number they are having. Then 2nd department gave some tanks to 1st & 3rd departments equal to the number they are having. Then 3rd department gave some tanks to 2nd &1st departments equal to the number they are having. Then each department has 24 tanks. Find the initial number of tanks of each department?
13. A, B, C, D&E are having their birthdays on consecutive days of the week not ecessarily in the same order. A ‘s birthday comes before G’s as many days as B’s birthday comes after E’s. D is older than E by 2 days. This time G’s birthday came on wednesday. Then find the day of each of their birthdays?
Birthday of D on SUNDAY
Birthday of B on MONDAY
Birthday of E on TUESDAY
Birthday of G on WEDNESDAY
Birthday of A on THURSDAY
14. A girl ‘A’ told to her friend about the size and color of a snake she has seen in the beach. It is one of the colors brown/black/green and one of the sizes 35/45/55.
If it were not green or if it were not of length 35 it is 55.
If it were not black or if it were not of length 45 it is 55.
If it were not black or if it were not of length 35 it is 55.
a) What is the color of the snake?
b) What is the length of the snake?
15. There are 2 pesons each having same amount of marbles in the
beginning. after that 1 person gain 20 more from second person n he
eventually lose two third of it during the play n the second person
now have 4 times marble of what 1st person is having now.
find out how much marble did each had in the beginning.
ANSWER – 100 each
16. A lady was out for shopping. she spent half of her money in buying A
and gave 1 doller to bagger. futher she spent half of her remaining
money and gave 2 doller to charity. futher she spent half of
remaining money n gave 3 dollor to some childrans. now she has left
with 1 doller. how much she had in the beginning?
17. There are certain diamonds in a shop.
1 thief stole half of diamonds and 2 more.
2 thief stole half of remaining and 2 more
3. same as above
4 same as above.
5 came nothing was left for that.
how many dimands was there???
Ans 60 diamonds
18. There are three frens A B C.
1. Either A or B is oldest
2. Either C is oldest or A is youngest.
Who is Youngest and who is Oldest?
Ans A is youngest n B is oldest.
19. Father says my son is five times older than my daughter. my wife is 5
times older that my son. I am twice old from my wife and altogether
(sum of our ages) is equal to my mother ‘s age and she is celebrating
her 81 birthday. so what is my son’s age?
Ans – 5 years.
20. In Mulund, the shoe store is closed every Monday, the boutique is closed every Tuesday, the grocery store is closed every Thursday and the bank is open only on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Everything is closed on Sunday.
One day A, B, C and D went shopping together, each with a different place to go. They made the following statements:
A D and I wanted to go earlier in the week but there wasn’t day when we could both take care of our errands.
B I did not want to come today but tomorrow I will not be able to do what I want to do.
C I could have gone yesterday or the day before just as well as today.
D Either yesterday or tomorrow would have suited me.
Which place did each person visit ?