CAT Exam Sample Paper
No. of questions:185
Directions for questions 1 to 3: In each of the following questions, you are given a complete sentence. Then you are given specific instructions relating to the rewritten sentence with four answer choices 1,2,3,and 4. In rewriting the sentence, make whatever changes the new sentence structure requires without changing the basic meaning of the sentence. Then read the answer choices carefully and select the answer that is best.
1. Sudden changes in the genes of chromosomes may give rise to excellent new varieties of plant. Rewritten:
Excellent new varieties of plants ______ Next words in the rewritten sentence are may give rise may change with genes or chromosomes may rise
2. Since prehistoric times most of the continent south of the Sahara Desert has been occupied by members of the Negro Race.
Negroes have ________ Somewhere in the part of the written sentence indicated by underline is the word occupied being race members
3. A good dictionary might be used as an ideal first aid for increasing your command of
An ideal way to _______ The next word in the rewritten sentence is use increasing increase develop Directions for questions 4 to 0: The sentences are divided into four parts. Select the part which has an error.
4. The number of people who own colour T.V. are increasing every year.
5. Every year nearly 40,000 students appear in the IMS
6. Only after waiting for one and half hour was I admitted into the great man’s room.
7. Her speech neither brought credit to nor prestige to their country.
8. Together we went to the canteen for having a drink.
10. By the by, have you heard from your girl friend recently? Directions for questions 11 to 17 : in each of these questions, a sentence has been divided into four parts and marked a, b, c, d. One of these parts contains a mistake in grammar idiom or syntax. Identify that part and mark it as the answer.
11. On entering the auditorium, loud cheers greeted the President who acknowledged them with a smile and waved back happily at the gathering.
12. Much of the students are weak in Mathematics and therefore the Principal has arranged for special tuition in the evening after class-hours.
13. I am very sure that if your were me and had been talked to in a similar manner. you would also have lost your temper and talked back as I did.
14. Her Uncle advised her to forget the past, and stop crying on split milk and work hard in the future avoiding the mistakes earlier committed.
15. He declined our offer of help saying that he is very proud to accept money from neighbours like us whom he has known just for a week.
16. Whenever my son brings me a problem in Accounts
I help to solve it because
I have always liked the subject
and also like teaching young children.
17. An extremely versatile student, good at studies, sports, the accomplishments of Rajan are worthy of emulation by all the other students of the class.
Directions for questions 18 to 22: In each of the following sentences four words or phrases have been underlined. Only one underlined part in each sentence is not acceptable in standard English. Pick up the part 1 or 2 or 3 or 4. If there is no mistake mark’5′
Click Here To Download CAT Complete Paper