Guidelines for Recruitment of Constables (GD) in CRPF | CRPF Constable Recruitment Procedure | CRPF Constable Recruitment Scheme
Guidelines for Recruitment of Constables (GD) in CRPF
The Stage wise selection process is as under:-
STAGE – I
1) HEIGHT BAR
All eligible candidates whose application form are found to be in order will be issued admit card/call letter to appear in the recruitment process and at the very beginning, the candidates will be asked to go through the height bar and thereby, candidates with lesser height will be eliminated for participating in the further process of recruitment by giving rejection slip intimating reasons for rejection.
2) 5 KMS RACE
Those candidates who qualify the height test, will be subjected to 5 Kms race to be completed in 24 minutes. The candidate (s) who could not qualify the prescribed race will be eliminated for participating in the further process of recruitment by giving rejection slip intimating reasons for
3) IDENTIFICATION OF CANDIDATE
Revised scheme envisaged that the candidates who have qualified the 5 Kms race will be subjected to the modern biometrics methods at each stage of recruitment to obviate impersonation by the candidates. (In the absence of computer based biometric equipments, thumb impression digital photograph, and any specifying identifying mark in the body may be used). Since procurement of biometric equipment will take considerable time, therefore, introductions of biometrics cannot be implemented in the ongoing recruitment. All Sector IsGP are requested that the detailed board of officers be directed to examine the photos of the candidates very closely and thumb impression of the candidate at each stage of examination be taken. In this regard, para – 13 of Directorate Signal No. R.II. 12/2009-Recruitment (CoBRA) dated 15/06/2009 also refers.
4) Screening of original testimonials
Required original testimonial/documents of the candidates will be checked after the identification process is completed and only eligible candidates will be permitted to the next stage of the recruitment. Candidates failed to produce the requisite testimonials/certificates should be eliminated from the recruitment process and in no case candidates should be allowed
5) Physical Measurement
The candidates who are found eligible on screening of testimonials will be screened for height, chest and weight by the board of officers. The
candidates who meet the requirement of physical standard will be allowed to participate in Physical Efficiency Test and candidates who do not fulfill the laid down physical standard will be eliminated for participating in the further process of recruitment by giving rejection slip.
6) Physical Efficiency Test
The candidates who meet the requirement of Physical Standard Test will only be allowed to participate in physical efficiency test consisting of following events, which will be of qualifying nature:-
i) 11 feet long jump.
ii) 3 ½ feet high jump.
i) A candidate must qualify in the above events. Failure to qualify in
any of the above events of PET will render the candidate disqualified
to appear in subsequent process of the recruitment.
ii) The selection process of a candidate starting from putting the candidates through height bar till completion of PET will be a continuous process and candidates qualified in all the selection process will only be allowed to appear in the written test by intimating date, time and centre for written test.
STAGE – II
1) The candidate (s) who qualified in the PETs will be required to
appear in a Written Test.
2) The Written test will consist of only OMR based objective type
multiple choice questions to be answered using a blue colour or black
colour ball pen.
3) The question paper will be of 100 Marks consisting 100 questions.
4) The question paper will consist of questions on General Awareness,
General Knowledge, and Knowledge of elementary Mathematics,
analytical aptitude to observe and distinguish patterns and to test the
basic knowledge of candidate in English/Hindi.
5) The question paper can be answered either in Hindi or in English.
6) The question paper will be set centrally and will be made available to
the Sector IsGP as per their demand.
7) The answer sheet will be on carbonless OMR sheet, which will be signed both by the candidate and invigilator.
8) The candidates will be allowed to take copy of the answer sheet.
9) The answer key to the question paper will be posted on the CRPF website and displayed on the notice board after the Written Examination is completed.
10) After completion of Written Test, scanning of answer sheets on OMR is to be done at Force level
11) After completion of scanning of answer sheets and handing over result to Sectors, State wise and category wise merit list of candidates who secure cut of percentage of marks will be drawn at Sector Hqr for calling of candidates for medical examination in order of merit.
12) The result of Written Test may be displayed on notice board at Recruitment Centres, Application Receiving Centres and get posted on CRPF website followed by issue of call letters to candidates for medical examination.
STAGE – III
1) The candidates’ equal number of vacancies increased by average failure rate during medical examination determined on the basis of past experience will be called for medical examination as per merit list of Written Test.
2) While conducting medical examination test, the list of candidates to be medically examined by the Medical Officers should not be in order of merit. The list should be in order of roll numbers.
3) As per revised scheme, the provision of declaring a candidate “temporary unfit” has been dispensed with. Therefore, while conducting medical examination of the candidates, this aspect may be kept in mind.
STAGE – IV
Drawal of final merit list
1) After completion of Medical Examination Test, a State wise and category wise merit list of finally selected candidates will be drawn by the respective Sectors.
2) The adjustment of reserved categories candidates who have qualified at their own merit without availing relaxation / concession applicable for the respective category will be made as per existing instructions.
3) Final selection of the candidate will be made in order of merit in each
category as per cut off percentage of marks as under:-
General and Ex-servicemen – 35 %
SC/ST/OBC – 33 %
4) In case of tie in marks, the candidates with older age will be higher
in the merit list.
5) The list of finally selected candidate will be displayed on the notice
board of recruitment Centres, application receiving centers, pasted
on CRPF website as well as publishing in newspapers followed by
issue of offer of appointment to the selected candidates.
STAGE – V
Appeal against medical examination
1) As per instructions, there is a provision for appeal against medical unfitness to the appellate authority. Accordingly, a candidate declared unfit for appointment in CRPF in medical examination, the grounds for rejection will be communicated to him by the Medical officer duly countersigned by the officer detailed by the Sector IG. The candidate, if not satisfied with the findings of the Medical Officer, can submit an appeal to the appellate authority for review medical examination with a proof of his fitness in the form of medical fitness within 15 days from the date of issue of the communication in which the findings of the Medical Officer are communicated to the candidate.
2) The appeal of the candidates against medical unfitness will be decided within a month of the date of rejection of the candidates. The respective Sector IsG may strictly ensure finalization of appeal within the prescribed time limit.
3) Candidates found medically fit by the review medical board will be recruited against the normal wastage vacancies.
DRAFT SAMPLE FOR ISSUE OF CORRIGENDUM IN THE ADVERTISEMENT ALREADY BEEN PUBLISHED BY SECTORS FOR RECRUITMENT OF CONSTABLE/GD FOR THE YEAR 2009 CENTRAL RESERVE POLICE FORCE
(GOVERNMENT OF INDIA / MINISTRY OF HOME AFFAIRS (………………SECTOR)
Corrigendum to advertisement No…………….. for the year 2009 for recruitment to the post of Constable (General Duty) in CRPF
The Physical Efficiency Test will now include following tests of qualifying nature:-
1) 5 Kms race for male to be completed within 24 minutes.
2) 11 Ft. long jump.
3) 3 ½ ft. high jump.
2. Written Test will be of 100 Marks consisting of objective type questions in
3. The marks obtained in Written Test will be sole criteria for deciding the merit. There will not be any Interview for this recruitment.
4. Successful candidates will be called for medical examination on the basis of merit list of Written Test. There will be nothing like temporary unfit. However, unfit candidates can be examined by appeal panel for which, they have to prefer an appeal within 15 days from the date of rejection.
5.The details of recruitment process and other related matters are available on CRPF website (www.crpf.gov.in) and help line number
(landline - ……….. and mobile number - ………………..)