GATE CHEMICAL ENGINEERING (CH) Question Paper
Duration : Three Hours
Maximum Marks :100
Read the following instructions carefully.
1. This question paper contains 24 printed pages including pages for rough work. Please check all pages and report discrepancy, if any.
2. Write your registration number, your name and name of the examination centre at the specified locations on the right half of the Optical Response Sheet (ORS).
3. Using HB pencil, darken the appropriate bubble under each digit of your registration number and the letters corresponding to your paper code.
4. All questions in this paper are of objective type.
5. Questions must be answered on Optical Response Sheet (ORS). by darkening the appropriate bubble (marked A, B, C, D) using l-IB pencil against the question number on the leh hand side of the ORS. Each question has only one correct answer. In case you wish to change an answer, erase the old answer completely. More than one answer bubbled against a question will be treated as an incorrect response. 6. There are a total of 60 guestions cgging 100 marks. Questions 1 through 20 are l—mark questions, questions 21 through 60 are 2-mark questions.
7. Questions 51 through 56 (3 pairs) are common data questions and question pairs (57, 58) and (59, 60) are linked answer questions. The answer to the second question of the above 2 pairs depends on the answer to the first question of the pair. If the first question in the linked pair is wrongly answered or is un-attempted, then the answer to the second question in the pair will not be evaluated.
8. Questions not attempted will carry zero marks.
9. Wrong answers will carry NEGATIVE marks. For Q.l to Q.20, % mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. For Q. 21 to Q. 56, % mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. The question pairs (Q.57, Q.58), and (Q.59, Q.60) are questions with linked answers. There will be negative marks only for wrong answer to the first question of the linked answer question pair i.e. for Q.57 and Q.59, % mark will be deducted for each wrong answer. There is no negative marking for Q.58 and Q.60.
10. Calculator (without data connectivity) is allowed in the examination hall.
11. Charts, graph sheets or tables are NOT allowed in the examination hall.
12. Rough work can be done on the question paper itself. Additionally, blank pages are given at the end of the question paper for rough work.
Click Here To Download GATE Chemical Engineering (CH) Question Paper 2009