1. The separation energy of the electron, present in shell n = 3 is 1.51 eV. What is the energy in the first excited state?
(A) – 1.51 eV
(B) – 3.4 eV
(C) + 1.51 eV
(D) – 13.6 eV
2. If the electron is present in the n = 5 level, how many lines would be observed, in case of H- atom ?
3. Total number of moles of electrons in one mole of K 2 Cr 2 0 7 will be
4. ? = X A – X B = 2. What is the percent ionic character for a covalent molecule A – B ?
5. If Y = then y will show the maximum value for the compound
6. Three fold symmetrical axis is associated with the molecule
(A) NH 3
(B) C 2 H 4
(C) CO 2
(D) S0 2
7. K c for the reaction 2NaHCO 3(S) Na 2 CO 3(S) + CO 2(g) + H 2 O (g) is
(A) K c = [Na 2 CO 3 ]
[NaHCO 3 ] 2
(B) K c = [Na 2 CO 3 ] [CO 2 ] [H 2 O]
[NaHCO 3 ] 2
(C) K c = [CO 2 ] [H 2 O]
(D) K c = PCO 2 X PH 2 O
8. A substance whose initial concentration is ‘a’ reacts according to zero order kinetics. The time required for completion will be
Directions: From the following information answer the questions 12 and 13. The true length of a year is 365 days 5 hours, 48 minutes and 45 seconds. In every400 years there are 303 ordinary years and 97 leap years. .
12 Find the amount of error introduced in this way of reckoning
(a) 33 hours (b) 4 hours (c) 5hours (d) NONE OF THESE
Ans: (a) No. of days in 400 years are 303 x 365 + 97 x 366 days =146097 days
No of days in 400 years
seconds 45 400
Total 146096 days & 21 hours
:. Difference = 3 hours .
13 In how many years will there be a difference of 1 day?
(a) 3100 (b) 3200 (c) 700 (d) NONE OF THESE
Ans: (b) Difference of 1 day in = 3200 years
14 Find thee greatest number which will divide 348, 534 and 596 leaving the remainder same in each case. .
(a) 62 (b) 31 (c) 72 (d) NONE OF THESE
15) Five bells began to toll together and to respectively at intervals of
seconds. How many times will they toll together in an hour
(a) 2 times (b) 3 times (c) 4times (d) NONE OF THESE
16) In an orchard 1/3 of the trees are orange trees, 1/3 are mangoes and the rest apple trees which are 91 in number. How many trees are there of each kind?
(a) Orange 39, mangoes 65 (b) Orange 40, mangoes 64
(c) Orange 65, mangoes 39 (d) NONE OF THESE
17) If 35 men working 8 hours a day can do a piece of work in 16days, how many hours a day must 40 men work to finish the work in 14 days?
(a) 8 hours (b) 6 hours (c) 5 hours (d) NONE OF THESE
18 ) 55 men can finish a piece of work in 42 days, how many additional men must be angaged to complete the work 9 days sooner?
(a) 15 (b) 16 (c) 18 (d) NONE OF THESE
Ans: (a) The number of days decreases therefore the number of men will increase. Hence make the lesser number of days the first quantity the greater the second quantity and the given number of men the third quantity and keep the required number of
men as the fourth quantity of a proportion.
:. No. of men = = 70
Hence the number of extra men 70 – 55 = 15 Ans.
1) If 21 men can do a piece of work in 50 days in how many days will 35 men can do the same piece of work?
(a) 25 days (b) 30 days (c) 20days (d) NONE OF THESE
Ans:(b) . if the time is inversely proportional to the number of men employed :. 35 :21 : : 50 days: No. of days
= 30 days
2) The present population of a town is 14400 and the annual increase is 2.5 percent. What will be the population in 2 years?
(a) 15000 (b) 15129 (c) 14028 (d) NONE OF THESE
3) A sum of money at simple interest amounts to Rs. 2,240 in two years and Rs. 2,600 in five years. What is the principal amount?
(a) Rs. 2200 (b) RS. 2000 (c) Rs.3ooo (d) NONE OF THESE
4) What will be the amount payable after 2 years if Rs. 10,000 are borrowed at the rate of 10% compound interest?
(a) 12000 (b) 12100 (c) 13100 (d) NONE OF THESE
Directions : Q. 23-27. Study the following graph carefully and answer the questions given below it.
No. of Branches of five Banks in Urban and Rural Areas
5) What is the total number of rural branches of all the five banks together?
(a) 700 (b) 875 (c) 890 (d) NONE OF THESE
6) What is the ratio of rural branches to the urban branches in bank C?
(a) 2 : 3 (b) 4 : 3 (c) 3 : 4 (d) NONE OF THESE
7) In the case of which of the following pairs of banks is the total number of branches of each of the two banks the same?
(a) B & C (b) A & C (c) B & E. (d) NONE OF THESE
8) In the case of which of the following banks is the total number of branches the least?
(a) A (b) E (c) C (d) NONE OF THESE
9) If banks Band C are merged together ,what will be the ratio of urban branches to rural branches?
(a) 1:3 (b) 2:1 (c) 1:1 (d) NONE OF THESE
10) In an examination A who gets 30% of full marks fails by 30 marks and B who gets36marks gets .36 more than pass marks. Find the total number of marks
(a) 1100 (b) 900 (c) 1000 (d) NONE OF THESE
11) A man sells an article at a loss of 3 percent. Had he sold it for Rs. 12 more he
would have gained 5 percent. Find the cost price
(a) Rs. 150 (b) Rs.100 (c) Rs.50 (d) NONE OF THESE
12) The cost price of 15 copies of a book is equal to the selling price of 12 copies of the same book. What is the gain percent?
(a) 25% (b) 33% (c) 15% (d) NONE OF THESE
13) Divide Rs. 2000 into two parts so that if the first be put out at simple interest for 6 years and the second for 3 years at percent the interest on the first sum shall be double than that of the second.
(a) 1125 & 875 (b) 1000 &1000 (c) 800 & 1200 (d) NONE OF THESE