Karnataka State Eligibility Test for Lectureship (K-SET)
1) The Karnataka State Eligibility Test (K-SET) Center, University of Mysore will hold the Test on 17th July 2011 (Sunday) for determining the eligibility for Lecturership in various Universities / Colleges / Institutions of Higher education in Karnataka State. K-SET will conduct test in 26( twenty six) subjects (listed under item no. 6) at 11 (Eleven) selected Centers (listed under Item no. 7) spread across the Karnataka State.
The result of the K-SET to be held on 17th July 2011 will be made available on the K-SET website www.kset.uni-mysore.ac.in and shall also be published in the Employment News as and when it is declared. The candidates will not be individually intimated about their result.
Candidates who qualify K-SET will be governed by the rules and regulations for recruitment of lecturers of the concerned Universities / Colleges / Institutions (Government / Aided / Private ) in Karnataka State.
|1||Submission of Online application||From 30th March 2011, 11 AM|
To 30th April 2011, 5 PM
|2||Last date for submission of hard copy of the application form to Nodal officer 10||th May 2011|
|3||Date of K-SET Examination|| 17th July 2011|
Conditions of Eligibility
1. Candidates who have secured at least 55% of aggregate marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC are eligible for this Test. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Physically Handicapped (PH)/Visually Handicapped (VH) who have secured at least 50% of aggregate marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
2. Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s Degree (final year) examination and whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this Test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for award of Lectureship eligibility only after they have passed their Master’s Degree examination or equivalent with at least 55% of aggregate marks (50% of aggregates marks in case of SC/ST/PH/VH category candidates). Such candidates must complete their Master’s Degree examination within two years from the date of K-SET result with required percentage of marks, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
3. The Ph.D. Degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September 1991 (irrespective of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5 % in aggregate marks ( i.e. from 55 to 50%) for appearing for K-SET.
4. Candidates shall appear to the K-SET in the subject of their post-graduation only, as per list of subjects in item No. 6.
5. Candidates seeking concession in fee are required to submit attested copy of their SC/ST/Category-1/PH/VH certificate along with hard copy of online printout of their Application Form (obtained while applying online). Therefore, the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the Test. In the event of any ineligibility being detected by the K- SET center at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action.
6. Candidates belonging to Category-IIA, IIB, IIIA and IIIB have to submit their caste certificates along with the hard copy of application form.
7. Candidates belonging to the General category are not required to submit any Caste certificates/documents in support of their eligibility along with hard copy of their application form.
8. Candidates possessing post-graduate diploma/certificate course(s), should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their course(s) with Masters’ degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities, New Delhi website: www.aiuweb.org
There is no upper age limit for applying for Lectureship.
K-SET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Lecturers in Universities/Colleges/Institutions of Higher Education (Goverment, Aided, Private) in Karnataka State only. Provided, however, those candidates, who have been awarded Ph.D. Degree in compliance of the University Grants Commission (minimum standards and procedures for award of Ph.D. Degree), Regulation 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of K-SET for recruitment and appointment of Lecturers or equivalent position in Universities / Colleges / Institutions of Higher Education.
4) Examination Fee and Mode of Payment
Candidate appearing for K-SET examination fee is Rs.800/-, However, 50% concession i.e., Rs 400 is given for SC/ST/Category-1/PH/VH candidates , provided proof of Caste Category Certificate is enclodsed in support of their claim. The candidate is expected to fill the Bank Challan Form in triplicate (Bank Copy, K-SET Copy & Candidate’s Copy) as given in the Notification. All the three copies of the Challan Form have to be submitted in any branch of State Bank of Mysore along with the bank charges (commission) of Rs.20/ -. The bank will retain one copy and return two copies of the challan to the candidate. The candidate has to attach one K-SET copy of the challan with the printout of online Application Form which he/she has to submit to the Nodal officer of the respective Test Center, opted by the candidate.
Please note that fee submitted by any other mode like Money Order, Demand Draft, IPO etc. will NOT be accepted. Fee once paid will NOT be refunded under any circumstances.
Click Here To K-SET 2011 Application forms, Scheme, Syllabus and Previous Papers