British Council IELTS Scholarship 2010
The British Council is delighted to announce the launch of the British Council IELTS Scholarship
for Indian students planning to study at universities overseas. In line with its mission to promote
the global sharing of knowledge and ideas, the British Council will select eight students from India, each of whom will receive an award of Rs.3,00,000 towards the cost of tuition fees.
* Take an IELTS test with the British Council and receive your scores.
* Download and complete the application form and go through the FAQs.
* Last date for completed applications is 31 July 2010. You must complete selection Task.
* Forty applicants will be shortlisted. We will notify you via email by 6 August 2010 whether you have been short-listed. Short-listed applicants will be required to make a ten minute presentation on a topic that will be communicated, followed by a brief interview.
* We must receive from the short-listed applicants a letter of acceptance from the university you plan to attend prior to 20 August 2010.
* Failure to submit your letter of acceptance by the 20 August deadline will result in your immediate removal from the short-list of applicants.
* We will notify all short-listed applicants of the final result by email by 31 August 2010.
Essential eligibility criteria are that applicants must:
* Be a citizen of India.
* Begin full time postgraduate study outside India in 2010.
* Attend a higher education institution that accepts IELTS as part of its admission requirements.
* Have a valid IELTS score, with a minimum band score average 6.5.
* Have taken their most recent IELTS test with the British Council.
* Be able to provide an acceptance letter from the attending institution by 20 August 2010.
An original hard copy of your application should be sent to
British Deputy High Commission
737 Anna Salai, Chennai, Tamil Nadu – 600002
The complete application must be received by us by 31 July 2010.
click Here To Download Application Forms