Applications are invited from eligible candidates for admission to the 3-year full time Master of Computer Applications (MCA) programme offered by the NITs located at Agartala, Allahabad, Bhopal, Calicut, Durgapur, Jamshedpur, Kurukshetra, Raipur, Surathkal, Tiruchirappalli and Warangal. Admissions to the MCA programme will be made through NIT MCA Common Entrance Test 2011 (NIMCET2011) organized jointly by eleven NITs and being conducted by MANIT Bhopal . Admission will be based on the rank obtained in the NIMCET2011 only. The test will be held for duration of two hours and will consist of objective type questions on Mathematics, Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness and General English. The application form can be submitted online thorugh this website. “http://www.nimcet2011nitb.in”
Indian Nationals securing 60% marks or 6.5/10 CGPA (55% or 6.0/10 CGPA for SC/ST) in each of the examinations of
12th level with Mathematics and
Bachelor’s Degree of full time 3 year duration from a recognized University with any one of the following as one of the subjects
Mathematical Foundations of Computer Science
Those who have done Bridge Course in Mathematics are also eligible to apply. The percentages of marks for (i) and (ii) given above are to be calculated on the basis of method used by respective Board / University.Students completing degree from Open Universities are also eligible to apply provided their course is approved by UGC/AICTE / Distance Education Council (DEC) of Govt. of India.The candidates who are appearing for the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply for NIMCET2011. Such candidates shall have to furnish the proof of fulfilling the eligibility criteria of NIMCET2011 preferably at the time of Counseling/Admission but not later than 31st August, 2011, failing which, their admission may be cancelled by the respective NITs.State quota is applicable only for the state of Tamil Nadu .Candidate passed / appeared for qualifying exam from Tamil Nadu will be eligible for Tamil Nadu State Quota of NIT – Trichurapalli. For all other NIT’s only all India quota is applicable.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING ON-LINE APPLICATION FORM
Please read the following instructions carefully before filling the on-line application form:
1. Before you start filling in the online application form, scan (a) your recent passport size photograph (alternatively, get a digital passport size photograph) and (b) your signature and keep them ready for uploading. The files should be in jpeg or tiff format and the file should not be more than 33 kb in size. Further, you should have bank draft ready in hand before filling the online application form.
2. Use a Java enabled browser (Internet Explorer 6 or above, or Mozila Firefox).
3. Type the URL: http://www.nimcet2011nitb.in/ on your browser to get home page of NIMCET2011.
4. “New Login” tab is shown in the top right corner and in the left pane of the home page. Press any one of them. Type your name (as given in your class 10th or equivalent certificate), email address, login Id (choose the login Id not less than 5 characters) and password (choose the password not less than 5 characters).The entries made here will be used in subsequent pages. After pressing “Submit” button, except password, you will not be allowed to change other entries.
5. Enter Login Id and Password in the space provided on top of the home page to fill Personal Information, Qualification and DD details.
6. The fields marked with red star are mandatory, fill all such fields; otherwise, you will not be allowed to save the entered data.
7. Fill in all the fields in Personal Information Form.
8. Upload the photograph and signature by clicking the browse button in Personal Information and then selecting the corresponding files.
9. Fill in all the three choices of examination centres in order of priority using drag down menu. (A listed examination centre may be cancelled, if suitable number of candidates does not opt for it.)
10. Complete all other fields and press the “Save” button given at the end of the page. To save the entered data, it is essential to press “Save” button on each page.
11. On pressing “Save”, Educational Qualification Form will appear
12. Complete all the fields as required and press save button given at the bottom of the page.
13. Complete all the required details of the bank draft on next page and then press “Save” button at the bottom of the page
14. Press “View” to view entered data, then print the application using “print” button if corrections are not required.
15. Please remember that you cannot change the entries once it has been submitted. So be careful while pressing the “Submit and Exit” button.
16. An application number will be generated which will be displayed on right top of the Page1 of the application form after pressing the “Submit” button. Please note that number for future reference.
17. Candidate signature is required at the bottom of each page of the hard copy (print out) of the online application and at declaration. The same should be attached along with all the necessary documents as listed in the check list given in this information brochure (See Point 16). The completed application form should be sent to The Chairman/Secretary, NIMCET2011, National Institute of Technology, Bhopal – 462051 MP by speed post so as to reach on or before Monday, April 11, 2011. The application form can also be submitted in the office of NIMCET2011 at NIT Bhopal by hand on all working days from 10:00 a.m. to 05:00 p.m.
1. If the dully signed hard copy of the application form along with the original demand draft and other documents is not received by the office of NIMCET2011 on or before the last date Monday, April 11, 2011, the application will be rejected.
2. Please check carefully the eligibility requirement of NIMCET2011 in the Information Brochure. If the requirements are not met the application will be rejected.
3. OBC candidates will have to satisfy both the caste and creamy layer requirements detailed on the following National Commission for Backward Classes (NCBC) website:
OBC certificates issued on the state government Performa will be accepted only for State Quota Seats. Performa for OBC certificate along with the undertaking given in Annexure I is to be submitted.
4. SC/ST and Persons with Physical Disability (PD) candidates should use the respective Performa given in Annexure II and III.
Click Here To NIMCET 2011 Important Dates, Pattern, Syllabus and Previous Papers