MSBTE Civil Engineering 3rd Semester Sample Test Papers | MSBTE Civil Engineering 3rd Semester Papers | MSBTE Civil Engineering Papers
MSBTE Civil Engineering Group 3rd Semester Sample Test Paper I
1) All questions are compulsoty
2) Illustrate your answers with neat sketches wherever necessary.
3) Figures to the right indicate full marks.
4) Assume suitable data, if necessary.
5) Preferably, write the answers in sequential order.
Q.1 Attempt any Two 04
a) State the classification of aggregates with respect to size.
b) Define segregation and bleeding in relation with wet concrete.
c) Which type of cement is used in following cases –
1) Concreting of road pavements in cold weather.
2) Marine Structure.
Q.2 Attempt any Two 08
a) Why does sand bulk? State the significance of bulking of sand.
b) Write the laboratory procedure to determine “Normal Consistency” of cement with
c) State any four properties of concrete in hardened state.
Q.3 Attempt any Two 08
a) State any four advantages of concrete over other construction materials.
b) Describe compaction factor test with a neat sketch of apparatus used. If compaction
factor of a concrete is 0.95 what will be the degree of workability.
c) Determine fineness modulus for coarse aggregates having weight retained on
different sieves as below, 40mm 575 gm, 20mm 425 gm.
Click Here To Download More Papers