NISER NEST Ph.D Entrance Exam 2010 | NEST Ph.D Admission Program 2010 | NISER Ph.D Admission Notification 2010
NATIONAL INSTITUTE OF SCIENCE EDUCATION AND RESEARCH, BHUBANESWAR PH.D Entrance Test Notification
Notice for Admission to Ph.D. Program
Applications are invited from Indian citizens for admission to Ph.D. Program scheduled to commence from July’ 2010 in the following schools of basic sciences at NISER, Bhubaneswar:
1. School of Biological Sciences
2. School of Chemical Sciences
3. School of Mathematical Sciences
4. School of Physical Sciences
1. Age: Not more than 28 years on June 30, 2010 (Born on/after June 30, 1982)
2. Stream Minimum Educational Qualifications
|Biological Sciences|| 55% in Masters in any branches of Biology, life|
sciences and bioinformatics. Student with masters in
any branches of natural or computer sciences with
interest in pursuing career in biology
|Chemical Sciences||55% in M. Sc. Or equivalent degree in Chemistry,|
Physics, Applied Chemistry, Biochemistry, Material
Science, any one of the subject.
|Mathematical Sciences||55% in M. Sc. or equivalent degree in Mathematics|
|Physical Sciences|| 55% in M. Sc. or equivalent degree in|
Physics/Chemistry/ Mathematical Physics or Master’s
degree in Engineering.
3. Candidates should have qualified the CSIR-NET/GATE/JEST/NBHM or equivalent examination valid for the current year in the relevant area of research. UGC-CSIR JRF qualified candidates can avail the fellowship directly from UGC or CSIR, whereas, students selected for Ph.D. program based on GATE/JEST scores, are eligible for financial aid (Assistantship / Scholarship) from NISER, Bhubaneswar on par with CSIR fellowship.
Candidates who meet the eligibility criterion given above can apply. Each school may set additional criteria as it deems necessary and will have its own selection process.
Based on the academic record and the performance of the candidates in the selection process, the selection committee of the school will recommend candidates to the Chairman, Academic Council for admission to the Ph.D. program.
How to Apply
The application form is available free of cost and can be downloaded from http://niser.ac.in Else, the form can be obtained by post, or in person, from the academic section, NISER Bhubaneswar, (for postal address see below). In case of request by post, please enclose a self-addressed envelope (A4 size, 21 cm X 30 cm) affixed with postage stamps of Rs. 25/- Candidates intending to apply for more than one program should use separate application form for each program with appropriate enclosures.
• Fill-in the application form completely. Incomplete application form will be rejected. The application form can either be typed or hand-written.
• Send only attested copies of all supporting documents (mark sheets, certificates, age proof, caste certificate, etc.)
• Enclose two letters of reference.
• Enclose a demand draft of Rs. 500/- for candidates in General/OBC/PWD and Rs. 250/- for SC/ST drawn in the name of Director, NISER, payable at Bhubaneswar.
• Send the filled-in application forms with all enclosures to the address mentioned below or e-mail the scanned copies of complete application form dully filled in all respect to firstname.lastname@example.org
The last date:
For postal requests for application Forms : April 26, 2010.
To submit the filled-in application form : May 03, 2010
Address for communication and more details:
Academic & Student Affairs
National Institute of Science Education and Research
Institute of Physics Campus
P.O. Sainik School
Bhubaneswar – 751005