TNPSC VAO Recruitment Application Forms 2010 | TNPSC Group IV Village Administrative Officer Recruitment 2010 | TNPSC VAO Selection Procedure 2010 | Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission
TAMIL NADU PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
VILLAGE ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
Applications are invited upto 5.45 p.m on 20-08-2010 for Direct Recruitment to the post of Village Administrative Officer as detailed below:
Click here To TNPSC VAO Examination Syllabus
(* Reservation for Women, Differently Abled persons and Ex-Servicemen shall not apply for Shortfall Vacancies mentioned at Serial No.2)
Only one application is to be sent by the SC/SC(A)/ST candidates who wish to be considered for the regular and the shortfall vacancies.
The District wise Distribution of vacancies are shown in Annexure to this notification.
3. Conditions in respect of vacancies (for the year 2009-10) mentioned at serial No.1 of para 1 above:
(i) The Selection will be made on the basis of the marks obtained in the Written Examination (Objective Type) and the option of the Districts exercised by the candidates following the rule of reservation of appointments for Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Castes(Arunthathiyars), Schedule Tribes, Most Backward Classes / Denotified Communities, Backward Classes and
Backward Classes (Muslims) 30% reservation of vacancies for women and 5% of vacancies for Ex-Servicemen, for each District separately. However, the Commission reserves the right to allot any candidate to any District having regard to his / her position in the ranking list, availability of vacancies in the Districts and rule of reservation of appointments. (ii) 10 Percent of vacancies out of 30 percent vacancies reserved for women shall be set apart for Destitute Widows. (for details please refer Note under para 4 and para 6 of the “Instructions,etc. to Candidates”) (iii) The 3% reservation for Differently Abled (Orthopaedic) persons shall be applicable for this recruitment as per G.O.(D).No.5, Revenue (Ser.7-1) Department, dated 08.01.2007. The 3% reservation of vacancies will be filled with Differently Abled (Orthopaedic) persons of 40% to 50% disability, who have no difficulty in writing and have only minimal difficulty in mobility. (iv) If no qualified and suitable women candidates are available for selection against the vacancies reserved for them, those vacancies will be filled by male candidates belonging to the respective communal categories. (v) Even after filling up of the posts reserved for SC Arunthathiyars on preferential basis, if more number of qualified Arunthathiyars are available, they shall be entitled to compete with the Scheduled Castes other than Arunthathiyars in the inter-se merit among them and if any posts reserved for Arunthathiyars remain unfilled for want of adequate number of qualified candidates, it shall be filled up by Scheduled Castes other than Arunthathiyars. 4. GENERAL INFORMATION:-
A. The rule of reservation of appointment and the conditions mentioned against Para 3 above are applicable only for the 1576 post of Village Administrative Officers announced against Sl.No.1 only.
B. The number of vacancies advertised is only approximate and is liable for modification with reference to the vacancy position at any time before or at the time of actual selection.
C. Reservation to Women, “Destitute Widow” and Ex-Servicemen will apply only for 1576 vacancies mentioned in Serial No.1 .
D. Certificate Of Physical Fitness:-
Candidates selected for appointment to the post will be required to produce a Certificate of Physical fitness in the form prescribed for the post in the Tamil Nadu Ministerial Service, Tamil Nadu Judicial Ministerial Service and Tamil Nadu Secretariat Service. The Standard of vision prescribed for the post is standard III or better.
E. The Differently Abled persons should produce a certificate of physical fitness from the Medical Officer to the effect that his/her handicap will not render him/her incapable of efficiently discharging the duties attached to the post to which he/she has been selected before appointment.
F. Cash Security
Every person appointed to the post shall furnish a Cash Security of Rs.2000/- ( Rupees Two thousand only) within a period of one month from the date on which he/she joins duty:
Provided that a person belonging to Backward Classes, Backward Class (Muslim), MBCs/DCs shall furnish a cash security of Rs.1,000/- ( Rupees One thousand only) within a period of one month from the date on which he/she joins duty. Provided further that a person belonging to Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars) or Scheduled Tribe shall not furnish a cash security. Failure to furnish such cash security as stated above shall render a person liable to be discharged from service.
G. Any claim made by the candidates who have written the examination relating to the selection (not related to candidature or / and claim made in the application) should be received within 90 days from the date of announcement of results and any Claim received thereafter will receive no attention.
H. Place Of Residence On Appointment
Every person appointed to the post shall reside in the Village under his charge and shall continue to reside in the said Village so long as he holds the post. 5. QUALIFICATIONS: – ( for all candidates)
(A) AGE (as on 01.07.2010)
1) Minimum age limit – Must have completed 21 years of age (for all candidates) (i.e. should have been born on or before 1.7.1989) 2) Maximum age limit – Must not have completed (i) 40 years of age for SC/ SC (Arunthathiyars), STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs, BCM and Destitute Widows of all castes. (i.e. should have been born on or after 2.7.1970) (ii) 30 years of age for „Others‟ (i.e. should have been born on or after 2.7.1980.) Note:
1. Age relaxation of 5 years in the maximum age limit will be applicable to persons affected by the ban order as per the orders of the Government.
2. Paragraph 4 of the Commission‟s “Instructions, etc., to candidates” will not apply for this recruitment.
3. Age concessions announced in paragraph 13 & 14 of the Commissions “Instructions etc., to candidates” will apply for the maximum age limit only.
4. Candidates not belonging to SC/SC(Arunthathiyars), STs, MBCs / DCs, BCMs and BCs (i.e. „Others‟), who have put in five years of regular service in State / Central Government are not eligible to apply even if they are within the age limit.
5. The Technical and Non-Technical Staff of TANSI who are facing retrenchment and have not been absorbed in the Government Corporations / Undertakings may also apply (evidence to be produced), if they satisfy all the prescribed qualifications except age. The relevant age rule will be relaxed by the Government in their favour if they come up for selection.
For further information regarding concessions, please refer “Instructions, etc. to Candidates”.
(B) EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATION:
Candidates should possess the following or its equivalent qualification on the date of this Notification, viz. 21-07-2010: Must possess Minimum General Educational Qualification viz., Must have passed S.S.L.C Public Examination or its equivalent with eligibility for admission to Higher Secondary Courses of Studies (or) to College Courses of studies. (Persons claiming equivalence of qualification should enclose evidence for such claim) Note: (i) The applicants who have not passed SSLC Examination or its equivalent are not eligible even if they posses a higher qualification. (ii) The candidates should enclose copy of such certificates along with his/her applications failing which their applications will be summarily rejected. (C)Knowledge of Tamil Candidates should possess adequate knowledge of Tamil i.e.
(i) Must have passed the S.S.L.C Public Examination with Tamil as one of the languages;
(ii) Must have studied the High School Course in Tamil Medium and passed the S.S.L.C Public Examination in Tamil Medium.
(iii) Must have passed the Second Class Language Test (Full Test) in Tamil, conducted by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission.
Note: Candidates who do not possess adequate knowledge in Tamil may also apply. If selected they should pass the Second Class Language Test (Full Test) in Tamil conducted by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission within a period of two years from the date of appointment, failing which they will be discharged from service.
6. SCHEME OF WRITTEN EXAMINATION – S.S.L.C. STANDARD (OBJECTIVE TYPE) :-
(i) The question papers will be set in two types (i.e.) 1) General Knowledge (100 items) with General Tamil (100 items) and 2) General Knowledge (100 items) with General English (100 items). Candidates are given the option to choose either General Tamil or General English for answering the second 100 items apart from answering the first 100 items on General Knowledge. They should specify in column 22 of the OMR application form their option (i.e. General Tamil or General English) chosen by them under the Heading “Compulsory subject” failing which they will be penalised.
(ii) The questions on “General Knowledge” will be set both in Tamil and in English and the questions on General Tamil and General English will be set in the respective languages.
(iii) The syllabi have been published in the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Bulletin as follows:
The syllabi have also been made available in the Commission‟s Website at „www.tnpsc.gov.in‟ 7. CENTRES FOR WRITTEN EXAMINATION:- The Written Examination will be held at the centres mentioned under Classes A, B, C, D and E in Annexure-I at page 17 of the Information Brochure.
(a) Candidates should choose and write the Examination at any one of the centres.
(b) Candidates will be required to appear for the Written Examination at their own expenses.
(c) Requests for change of Examination Centre will not be complied with.
(d) The Commission reserves the right to increase or decrease the number of Examination Centres and to re-allot the candidates.
8. PROCEDURE OF SELECTION:- The selection will be made on the basis of the marks obtained in the Written Examination and District-wise option exercised by the candidates to be obtained at the time of verification of original documents. (The rule of reservation of appointments applies only to 1576 regular vacancies). 9. EXAMINATION FEE: Rs.75/- (Rupees Seventy five only) Examination fee should be paid only through any one of the Post offices listed in Annexure – III to the Brochure and the Postal receipt obtained for the payment of fee should be pasted in the space provided in the application. The Postal receipt should have been obtained on or after the date on which the advertisement notifying the post is published in the dailies. (For further details refer Para. 2 under part –III of Information Brochure and for Examination fee concessions, refer Para 12 of the „Instructions etc. to candidates‟). Differently Abled (Physically Handicapped) persons (irrespective of their family income) and Destitute Widows are exempted from payment of Examination fee (evidence for Differently Abled (DA) / DW Certificate should be enclosed). 10. ENCLOSURES TO BE SENT ALONG WITH APPLICATION:- Candidates should enclose copies of all certificates (including evidence for Educational Qualification possessed by them) as mentioned in Para 15 of the Commission‟s „Instructions etc. to candidates‟ and item 26 under part – II of Information Brochure along with a Postal receipt to the value of Rs.75/- (Rupees Seventy five only) pasted in the column provided in the application, (unless exemption of fee is claimed). Original Certificates should not be sent. Those applying Online please refer sub Para D of Para 13 of this Notification / Advertisement. Applications received without the attested copies of certificates as specified above will be rejected. 11. NO OBJECTION CERTIFICATE:- For details please refer to paragraph 15 (g) of the Commission‟s „Instructions etc. to Candidates‟. 12. CONCESSIONS:-
Concessions in the matter of age and/or fees allowed to SCs/ SC(Arundhathiyars) STs, MBCs/DCs, BCs, BCMs, Destitute Widows, Ex-Servicemen, Differently Abled persons, Bonded Labourers, Discharged and serving temporary State Government employees below 40 years of age, etc. are given in the Commission‟s ‘Instructions, etc. to candidates’. 13. ISSUE OF APPLICATION FORMS: –
A. OMR application form along with an INFORMATION BROCHURE containing General Instructions for filling up the application form, Commission‟s „Instructions, etc. to candidates‟ and an envelope for sending application can be obtained from any one of the HEAD POST OFFICES or Selected Sub- Post Offices (284 Nos.) in Tamil Nadu / Puducherry on payment of Rs.30/- (Rupees Thirty only). (The list showing the names of Post Offices is available in the Commission‟s Website at www.tnpsc.gov.in.)
B. OMR application forms can also be obtained in person from the Sales Counter of the office of the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission, No.1. Greams Road, Chennai – 600 006, on all the working days till the closing date upto 5.00 p.m. (Excluding lunch interval between 1.30 and 2.00 p.m.) only on cash payment of Rs.30/- (Rupees Thirty only). Application forms will not be supplied to the candidates by Post.
C. Candidates should use only the OMR application form obtained as stated above and application obtained through online. No other typed or printed or Xeroxed / Photocopy of the application form will be accepted and such application, if any received, will be summarily rejected.
D. Candidates can also avail of the facility of applying Online on the Commission‟s Website at www.tnpsc.gov.in Candidates applying Online should possess and keep ready Postal receipt for Rs.105/- (i.e. Application fee Rs.30/- and Examination fee Rs. 75/-) obtained from any one of the Head Post Offices / selected Sub- Post Offices, listed in Annexure III of the Information Brochure before registering Online. Candidates claiming exemption from payment of Examination fee should possess and keep ready Postal receipt for Rs.30/- towards the application fee. The Postal receipt obtained for the payment of Application Fee/ Examination Fee should be pasted in the space provided in the application. Candidates applying Online shall also abide by the Commission‟s instructions laid down in this Notification / Advertisement/Commission‟s „Instructions etc. to candidates‟/ Information Brochure. Candidates applying Online should send the applications (i.e. The printout generated from the web site and signed by the candidates) with the Postal Receipt along with attested copies of Certificates so as to reach the Commission‟s office on or before the last date for receipt of applications, failing which his/her application will be rejected. The facility of applying Online will be closed on 18.08.2010 at 5.15.p.m.
14.RECEIPT OF APPLICATION:-
(A) Candidates are advised to verify the following aspects before sending their filled in OMR applications to the Commission‟s office:
(i) Signature of the candidate below the declaration in ballpoint pen or fountain pen only. Failure to sign will entail rejection of his/her application.
(ii) Columns 1, 1(a), 3, 4, 14 (b), 14(c), 14(d), and Compulsory subject in 22, are filled correctly in the OMR application based on the details available in the Notification.
(iii) Candidates should fill up column 23, 23(a) and 23(c) of the OMR application compulsorily.
(B) Filled in applications must be sent to the Controller of Examinations, Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission, No.1. Greams Road, Chennai – 600 006 well in advance so as to reach the Commission‟s Office before 5.45 p.m. on 20-08-2010.
Click Here To Apply TNPSC VAO Online
Click here To TNPSC VAO Examination Syllabus