BHEL Supervisor Trainees Written Test Pattern | BHEL ST Written Test Pattern | BHEL ST Written Test Sample Questions | BHEL Supervisor Trainees Written Exam Model Paper
BHEL Supervisor Trainees (STs) Written Test Details
1. Written test will consists of 150 multiple choice objective type questions.Test is designed to assess the candidate’s Professional ( Technical) Knowledge of the chosen Engineering Discipline and Higher Aptitude covering arear like Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, Logical thinking, English usage, General Awareness etc.
1. Your performance in this written test will determine possibility of further considerations of your candidature.
3. There is a specific time limit for answering each part. Candidate will have to answer 150 questions in 2 hours .
4. For each question, a choice of few alternative answers will be given, out of which only one alternative is correct. You have to choose the alternative, you think to be correct and indicate your choice on the answer sheet.
5. Your admission to this Test is, however, provisional. The candidates are advised to ensure while applying that they fulfill the eligibility criteria and other requirements and that the particulars furnished by them are correct in all respects for the post applied for. Mere appearance at the Test does not entail you to make any claim for the post. You will be treated as debarred ab-initio in case you do not fulfill the essential eligibility criteria.
6. The Answer Sheet is a special OMR (Optical Mark Reader) sheet.
7. Every question will carry 1 mark. Negative marking to the extent of 0.2 marks per wrong answer will be there.
8. a) For answering the Test questions, there will be CIRCLES in the Answer Sheet. The chosen answer is to be indicated by darkening (encoding) one of the CIRCLE fully. Any other method of answering will be taken as incorrect answer.
For Example, If 10x+6=106, then 15X -10 will be
. (1) 100 (2)140 (3)110 (4)80 (5) None of the above
SAMPLE TEST QUESTIONS
1. APTITUDE TEST
Directions: In the following question, pick the choice whose meaning is opposite to the word shown in capitals.
1. HOI POLLOI:
(1) Cannibalism (2) Tyranny (3) The past (4) Aristocracy (5) Capitalist
2. Which of the following numbers is least?
(1) (1/4)2 (2) 49 (3) 4-9 (4) 42
2. TECHNICAL TEST (for Supervisor Trainees)
1. When a rectangular beam is loaded transversely, the maximum tensile stress is developed on the
(1) top layer
(2) bottom layer
(3) neutral axis
(4) every cross section
(5) none of these
2. The velocity at which the laminar flow stops, is known as
(1) velocity of approach
(2) lower critical velocity
(3) higher critical velocity
(4) medium critical velocity
(5) none of these
3. It costs Rs.4.25 for two adults and their child to attend the Circus. If the child’s ticket is half the price of adult’s ticket, what is the price of an adult’s ticket?
(1) Rs.0.75 (2)Rs. 1.70 (3) Rs.1.75 (4) Rs.1.44
4. If `a’ is less than 50 and ‘b’ is less than 25, it follows that:
(1) a=2b (2) `a` is greater than b (3) a+b is less than 75 (4) a-b =25 (5) None of these
1. ) If a hot resistance of an indicator lamp is 50 Ohm and rated current is 0.2A, its rated voltage is
(1) 2V (2) 5V (3) 10V (4) 20V (5) 25V
2. What resistance must be connected in parallel with one of 8.5 ohm to give an equivalent resistance of 5.1 ohm?
(1) 15.72 ohm (2) 12.75 ohm (3) 17.52 ohm (4) 15.27 ohm (5) None of these
1. A reflex Klystron function as:
(1) Microwave amplifier (2) Microwave oscillator (3) A high gain cavity (4) both as amplifier and as oscillator (5) None of these
2. Thermocouple instruments are also known as
(1) R F instruments (2) PMMC instruments (3) Rectifier instruments (4) Digital instruments (5) None of these
1. Kelvin-Planck’s law deals with
(1) conservation of work (2) conservation of heat (3) conversion of heat into work (4) conversion of work into heat (5) none of these
2. ) In involute gears, the pressure angle
(1) dependent on the size of teeth (2) dependent on the size of gears (3) always constant (4) always variable (5) none of these
1. APTITUDE TEST
1(4) 2.(3) 3.(2) 4.(3)
2. TECHNICAL TEST
1. CIVIL ENGG. 1. (1) 2. (2)
2. ELECTRICAL ENGG. 1. (3) 2. (2)
3. ELECTRONICS ENGG. 1. (2) 2. (3)
4. MECHANICAL ENGG. 1. (3) 2. (3)