Aptitude Test consists of 35 questions to answer in 1 hour with 0.33 Negative (–ve) marking for each wrong answer. (1 mark will be deducted for 3 wrong answers)
Cut off will be around 20 and one can score around 25 with min preparation.
Next rounds are Technical and HR.
Coming to questions first search for the numerical data in the questions and find the logic how the questions can be solved (as the Questions are very lengthy with 5 to 10 lines)
I don’t remember exactly all the Questions here are some which may help you all.
(NOTE: The Questions are repeating so its nic idea to just go through previous papers.)
1) There are two pipes A and B. If A filled 10 liters in hour B can fills 20 liters in same time. Likewise B can fill 10, 20, 40, 80,160….if B filled in (1/16) th of a tank in 3 hours, how much time will it take to fill completely?
Answer: 7 hours
2) In a market 4 man are standing .the average age of the four before 4years is 45, after some days one man is added and his age is 49.what is the average weight of all?
3) The three sides of a triangle are given.18, 18, 28 cms and this triangle is conveted into a square. so what will be the area of the square generated?
Answer: – (18+18+28)/4. Then you will get the 1 side of a square and now find the area of a square.i.e, side^2
4) One train travels 200m from A to B with 70 km/ph. and returns to A with 80kmph, what is the average of their speed?
Answer: apply 2xy/x+y
5) An equation of the form 7x+17y+ 3z=54. Find the difference between x intercept and z intercept?
Answer: convert the above equation to this form and see the difference between a and c then you will get the answer
6) A man went 1mile to east den 1mile to north (un wanted stuff) and killed a bear what is the color of the bear?
7) Out of 6 children the youngest is boy then find the probability that all the remaining children are boys.
Answer: 1/2^5 = 1/32
8) Some age, average related problems (practice R. S.Aggarwal )
9) (1/2) of a number is 3 times more than the (1/6) of the same number..?
10) Permutation problem don’t remember exactly, but it was almost like there are n people sitting. Find the number of handshakes
11) A pizza shop, there were 2 kinds of pizzas available. But now they have introduces 8 new types, a person buy two different type pizzas of new type in how many ways he can select?
Answer: 8 X 7=56
12) Average wt of class is (some number) kg after adding wt of the teacher average wt of class becomes some number kg then what is the wt of the teacher??
13) Series Problem like 4 12 x 44 46 132 134. Find x? (I could not solve out this in exam).
14) There are 1000 pillars for a temple. 3 friends Linda, Chelsey, Juli visited that temple. (Som unrelated stuff) Linda is taller than Chelsey and taller than 2 of 1000 pillars. Juli is shorter than Linda. Find the correct sentence?
– -> a) Linda is shorter among them
– ->b) Chelsey is taller than Juli
– -> c) Chelsey is shorter than Juli
– -> d) Cannot determine who is taller among Chelsey and Juli
15) Dhoni and Ponting are waiting for the toss to happen. Umpire found that the coin to be tossed is missing. Ponting then takes a dice (1-6) from his pocket and asks the umpire to toss with it. Umpire feels both the captains may not get fair chance with dice. Dhoni den suggests a solution to umpire which den wud give fair chance to both captains. What would be the idea of Dhoni?
a) Toss the dice if even no comes captain wil win the toss and if it is odd he loses.
16) A toy train can make 10 sounds sound changes after every 4 min………………………….. now train is defective and can make only 2 sounds…………………………….. Find probability that same sound is repeated 3 times consecutively (1 OUT OF __)?
Answer: (1/2)*(1/2)*(1/2) = (1/8)
17) Probability problem (little tricky)
18) Entry ticket to an exhibition ranges from 1p to 7p. You need to provide exact change at the counter. You have 7p coin. In how many parts will u divide 7p so that u will provide the exact change required and carry as less coins as possible?
a) 8 b) 7 c) 5 d) 3 (I cud not solve out the answer in exam)
19) Some Statement and Conclusion type problems