SYLLABUS FOR COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION FOR RECRUITMENT TO THE POST OF SUB INSPECTOR POLICE COMB. COMP. EXAMINATION.
The competitive examination shall include the following papers and each paper shall carry the 200 marks: –
|Sl.No.||Subjects||Duration||Type of paper||Maximum Marks|
|Paper I||General Hindi||Objective||3 Hours||200|
|Paper II||General Knowledge & General Science|
(To be answered in English or Hindi)
Paper –I I : General Knowledge and General Science
Duration: 3 Hours
Max. Marks : 200
1. Current events, important organizations, institutions, personalities, games and sports at International, National and State level.
2. Indian National Movement with special reference to non-cooperation movement, Civil disobedience and Quit India Movement. Contribution of Rajasthan in freedom struggle. Integration of princely States and formation of Rajasthan.
3. World and Indian Geography: Physical, Social and Economic Geography.
4. Geography of Rajasthan: Physical, edaphic and biotic features, Natural resources : minerals, water, energy, wildlife, livestock and vegetation.
5. Economic Development and Planning in Rajasthan: Broad features of X and XI Five Year Plans. Programmes and Institutions for Development. Major programmes for removal of poverty and unemployment. Sustainable Development, Demographic features.
6. Art and Culture of Rajasthan : Fairs, Festivals, Folk Dances, Customs, Dialects, Dresses, Ornaments, Folk music and instruments, Paintings, Religious beliefs and saints. Important tourism places.
7. Indian Polity and Governance: Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Elections, Human Rights and Right To Information. Police Administration and Organization in Rajasthan.
8. General Science: Elementary knowledge and understanding of science including matters of everyday observation and experiences(up to X standard). Basic Laws of Science. Human diseases: sources and types of diseases, communicable and non-communicable diseases. Prevention and control measures of AIDS, TB, Jaundice, Typhoid, Malaria and Polio.
9. Basic knowledge of computer and its applications, cyber crimes.
Candidates, who obtain 36 % of marks in each paper and 40% in the aggregate, shall be deemed to have passed the qualifying examination. Relaxation upto 5 marks will be available to candidates belonging the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes in each paper and in the aggregate.
Candidates who are declared successful in the written examination shall be required to appear before a Physical efficiency Board for physical efficiency test. The physical afficiency test would be vigorous as laid down by the Director General of Police to adjudge suitability of the candidate. The physical efficiency test shall carry 100 marks and the candidates who secure 50% marks therein, shall be eligible for selection.
Candidates who are declared successful in the written test and in the physical efficiency test shall be eligible for aptitude test and interview which shall carry 50 marks. Provided that the number of candidates called for aptitude test and interview shall be restricted to three times the number of vacancies on the basis of merit based on the aggregate marks obtained both in the written and in the physical efficiency test except in the case of scheduled castes and scheduled tribes candidates who shall be eligible for interview in excess of the prescribed limit if they have qualified in the written examination and the physical efficiency test.
The aptitude test and interview shall be held by a Recruitment Board. The Recruitment Board shall award marks to each candidate in respect of suitability to the post, taking into consideration personality, address, tact, behavior, specialized training, aptitude for the post, judgement, leadership and knowledge of Rajasthani Culture. The marks so awarded shall be added to the marks obtained in the written test by each such candidate. Candidates holding Degree or Diploma in criminology or N.C.C. “C” Certificate or who have offered Police Administration as one of the papers for the degree examination may be given weight.
The Commission shall not recommend candidates, who have secured less than 36% marks in interview and 45% marks in aggregate.
Provided that the Commission may recommend women candidates, candidates belonging to the Other Backward Classes, Special Backward Classes, Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes, who though failing to obtain the minimum marks, are declared by the Board to be suitable for appointment to the service with due regard to the maintenance of efficiency of administration, if the candidates secure 30% marks in interview and 40% marks in the aggregates.
PHYSICAL EFFICIENCY TEST:
The following standards have been laid down by the Inspector General of Police, Rajasthan for the purpose: