What is the difference between updated project and end to end project. explain
Some organisations select to implement SAP module by module, thus gets updated as per their convenience / schedule. This is called as updated project.
Some organisations simply plan all integrated functional modules and decide to go-live with all functional modules and take their entire operations on SAP. This is called as End to End SAP implementation project.
Upgrade Project is a project where in SAP is already in place and it is the version upgrade from a lower end to a higher version.
End to End project is a project where SAP is implemented for the first time.
What is Ranking order in automatic payment program ?
Its the priority assigned to each house bank which helps Automatic Payment program choose the house bank for payment in case there are more than one bank satisfying the payment program.
If a payment program ends up selecting more than one(say 4) bank for payment, the ranking of the banks helps it select one bank from the list of (say 4) selected banks.
What is SAP APO?
SAP APO stands for Advanced Planner and Optimizer, which is one area of SCM and application component of MySAP product. Its is designed to provide solutions for companies in Demand planning, network design, supply network planning, production planning and global available to promise, transportation and scheduling.
Prior to SCM4.0 (-APO3.1) APO was a system, now from SCM4.0 APO is a function of SCM not a system as SCM now includes ECH and CM
What are the support tickets given in SAP fico module? please give some examples.
Support tickets are basically the problems that arise in day to day usage of SAP.
So any sap fico consultant who is resolving the day to day production issues is actually supporting the tickets.
How is bank reconciliation handled in SAP?
The following are the steps for BRS:
1. Create Bank Master Data – This can be created through T.Code FI01 or you can also create the house bank through IMG/FA/Bank accounting/Bank account
2. Define House Bank
3. Set up Bank selection payment programe- IMG/FA/ARAP/BT/AUTOIP/PM/Bank selection for payment prg.
a. setup all co codes for payment transaction – Customer and vendors
b.setup paying co codes for payment transactions
c.setup payment method per country
d.setup payment method per co code for payment transaction
e.setup bank determination for payment transaction
Please go for Cheque mangement using T code FCHI (IMG/FA/ARAP/BT/OP/AutoOp/PaymentMedia/CheckManagement) and for void reasons FCHV. You can create Bank Reconcilliation statement by TC FF67 (SAP/AC/Treasury/CashManagement/Incomings/ManualBankStatement) . Don’t forget to keep the opening Balance as zero. Use FBEA for post process.
All the steps together will lead to (FF67) Bank reconciliation statement.
How do you configure electronic bank statement?
Following is the sequence of configuration to be done for Electronis Bank Statment(EBS):
1. create Tranaction types( which helps you group all the house baks with same External transaction code).
2. assign them to house banks.
3 create and define posting rule keys .
4 assign them to external transaction codes.
external transaction codes are bank specific codes for buisness tranactions( which it issues in each EBS) each one for each type of payment. eg. transfer order, foreign transfer,bill of exchange etc.
5 define posting specification for G/L posting as well as subledger posting
6. define account symbols(which determines the G/L account to be posted to) and assign them to posting keys.
1. Create account symbols
2. Create gl accounts ans assign t account symbols
3. Create posting keys:
4. Posting rules
5. Assing external transactions
How do you configure manual bank statement?
configuration is required during electronic bank statment not in mannual bank stament.
In mannual bank statment you just have to enter the data on screen and save it.
What is dunning?
Dunning is actually the process by which you “bill” or “invoice” a customer for past due items.
With regards bad Checks for example dunning procedure could follow these steps:
• Step 1: Phone call to customer on receipt of bad check – at this stage, perform the journal posting outlined in section on Returned Checks
• Step 2: Letter to customer (+10 days)
• Step 3: Letter to CO (+7 days)
• Step 4: Legal letter to customer (? DD139) (+13 days)
• Step 5: Issue DD139 (+10 days)
• Step 6: Follow-up on DD139 (dispersing officer) (+45 days)
• Step 7: Write-off (after 6 months)
Steps 2-6 above will be handled by dunning levels in SAP.
Configuration before dunning can be carried out
1. Defining Dunning Area
2. Define Dunning Keys
3. Define Dunning Block Reasons
4. Dunning Procedure
• Define Dunning Procedure (T. Code – FBMP), To set up a Dunning Procedure, the following must be specified: number of Dunning Levels (1-9) Dunning Texts, Standard Text can also be included in the Dunning Texts. Dunning Procedure major parameters: Dunning Interval, Number of Dunning Levels, Grace Period
5. Assign Dunning Procedure to Customer / Vendors Accounts (T. Code – XD02)
6. Define Correspondence Types (T. Code – OB77)
7. Assign Company Codes to Correspondence company Codes
8. Assign Programs for Correspondence Types (OB78)
9. Dunning Run: Transaction Code: F150
Menu Path: accounting > financial accounting > accounts receivable > periodic processing > dunning.
Note: Whenever you schedule more than one dunning run a day, the “Identification” number must change. You may run several dunning runs on the same date but the “Identification” name must be different as well as certain parameters such as the “Dunning Date” and “Documents Posted up to” date.
What is the difference between profit center accounting and Profitability analysis ?
profit center accounting is basicaly done for internal controlling purposes. It lets you determine the profit and loss using the cost of sale approach or period accounting approach. Here you can find the profit from an “area of reponsibility or pserson” point of view.this is accound based costing
Whereas in Profitability analysis, market segments based on product , cutomer,order aor any comobination of these are studied to find wots the profit. PA provides information to the marketing,sales and planning department so that they can make decisions. PA has two forms account based and CO based.
both these are tools for profit management, and both are alternative. They are not same.
What are the manufacturing cost of a producting ?
Materail cost + Productions cost = Manufacturing cost
What is the difference between stock transfer between two plants belongs to same company code and to that of different company code?
In 1st case it is called as intra company stock transfer and the 2nd case is inter company stock transfer
Stock Transfer between plants of same company code only includes inventory movement without any pricing and so called Stock Transfer Order where Stock Transfer between plants of different company code is same as a purchase order as along with the inventory there is also accounts transfer (pricing) involved.