SBI PO Written Exam Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Mock Papers | SBI PO Exam Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Sample Questions
SBI Bank P.O. Examination Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Sample Questions
1. For the equation px2 + px + q = 0, the value of the discriminant is zero. The roots of this equation are:
(c) rational and unequal
(d) rational and equal
(e) real and equal
2. The sum of two times one natural number and three times another natural number is less than 24. If the first natural number is less than or equal to eight, the highest value of the second natural number is:
(a) 5 (b) 6 (c) 7
(d) 8 (e) 9
3. A shopkeeper bought 800 kg rice at Rs 3840. He had to sell it at a loss of as much as he received for 16 kg. The selling price (per kg, in Rs) will be:
(a) Rs 40 (b) Rs 100 (c) Rs 50
(d) Rs 80 (e) Rs 65
4. The boys and girls in a school are in the ratio 3 : 7. 25% of the boys and 20% of the girls are scholarship holders How much per cent of the total students do not get scholarships?
(a) 68 (b) 75
(c) 79.8 (d) 82.5
5. If the diameter of a wire is increased by 10%, by how much per cent approximately, will its length be decreased, if the volume remains the same?
(a) 15 (b) 16 (c) 17
(d) 18 (e) 19
6. There are two numbers R and S, related by the equation R = S2 . Now, if S is increased by 10%, what will happen to R?
(a) R increases by 10%
(b) R decreases by 10%
(c) R increases by 21%
(d) R decreases by 21%
(e) R remains unchanged
7. Mr X gets a salary of Rs 1,44,000 p.a. Assuming the salary to be the same every month, what will happen to his average income per day?
(a) Maximum for (Jan, Feb, March) period
(b) Maximum for (Feb, March, April) period
(c) Minimum for (July, Aug, Sep) period
(d) All three above are true
(e) Both (b) and (c) above
8. The value of log10 16 – 3 log10 2 + log10 5 is:
(b) 1 1/2
(c) 0 (d) 1
9. A cistern is two-third full of water. Pipe A can fill the remaining part in 12 minutes and pipe B in 8 minutes. Once the cistern is emptied, how much time will they take to fill it together completely?
(a) 12 minutes
(b) 12 min, 12 sec
(c) 14 min, 24 sec
(d) 10 min, 12 sec
(e) 14 min, 40 sec
10. There are 7 points in a plane, no three of them being collinear. The number of triangles formed by using these points is:
(a) 7 (b) 21 (c) 10
(d) 4 (e) 35
11. In how many ways can we arrange 6 books on different subjects, in a shelf?
(a) 6 (b) 60 (c) infinite
(d) 720 (e) 120