1. The leading brand of artificial sweetener in India, ‘Sugar Free’ is owned by
2. Monsoon is caused by
Ans.Seasonal reversal of winds
3. An Indian company manufacturing automobiles for Mitsubishi is
4. The name “Koneru Humpy” is associated with which of the following sport?
5. The new coin ‘Rupiya’ was issued for the first time by
Ans.Sher Shah Suri.
6. One of the following allows an individual to start and continue to share regularly any of his/her own personal experience,
knowledge, opinion or thought with the internet community?
7. Phishing is
Ans.A fraudulent way of getting the PIN and bank passwords using emails
8. In the sports world, the sobriquet ‘Indo-Pak Express’ is applied to
Ans.Rohan Bopanna and Aisam-Ul- Haq Quareshi
9. A film that has not been directed by Mira Nair is
10. In banking terminology, CRR means
Ans.Cash Reserve Ratio
11. Some of the large deals entered into by IT majors in India (all are billion dollar deals) are listed here as options. Which one is not?
12. A suicide car bomb caused havoc in England in July 2007 at the which airport
13. Pakistan has signed Free Trade agreement (FTA ) and a five year investment package with
14. Major oil finds in India have been reported in
Ans.Krishna Godavari Basin
15. The propagation of radio signals is greatly influenced by
16. According to Dun & Bradsstreet which one of the following is the largest employer among Indian ITES and BPO companies?
17. “In God we trust, the rest have to bring data on the table.” This statement was made by the famous industrialist
18. The runner-up in the recent Vice-Presidential election was
Ans.Dr. Najma Heptullah
19. Which of the following is not provided in the constitution?
20. When did Governor General’s rule end in India
Ans.26th January 1950
21. The following newspaper was voted as the largest selling newspaper in the world
Ans.The Times of India
22. Which of the following countries is the top source of FDI inflows into India at present?
23. The human cell contains
24. The three largest economies in the world (year 2006) were
Ans.USA, Japan, & Germany
25. Identify an entry that is reversed in terms of the forex rates for US Dollar on a day recently.
Ans.1 US $ = •1.42
26. Starbucks, the coffee chain retailer’s name is inspired from which book
27. A major US toy manufacturer which suffered a breakdown in supply chain from China on account of legally unacceptable toxic substances in its products is
28. “Bollywood” name has been granted as a trademark to which US based Media and Entertainment company by Indian Trademark Registry?
29. Lakshmi Mittal, the famous NRI industrialist, is partnering with Govt. of India for the following big project:
30. Tyeb Mehta, Nand Lal Bose and ……. are
31. Zapak Digital Entertainment (a gaming venture) belongs to which business group?
Ans.Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Enterprises
32. In August 2007, Chennai High Court passed a landmark judgment that may have far reaching consequences on pharmaceuticals industry, dismissing a writ petition filed by a company. Name it.
33. The busiest port in the world today is
Ans.Port of Singapore
34. In recent months the monks of Myanmar marched the streets of Yangon in hundreds
Ans.to protest against the government that was ruling
35. To recover the national loss suffered by small investors in the IPO allotment scam from the National Securities Depository Services Ltd & Central Depository Services Ltd. and eight depository participants, a second interim order was passed by
36. Indian Broadcasting Service was renamed in 1936 as :
Ans.All India Radio.
37. Which of the following is not a principal organ of the UNO?
38. Who was the composer of the classical composition ‘Moonlight Sonata’?
Ans.Ludwig Van Beethoven
39. During the year 2006-07 Indian Railways earned a profit of approximately
Ans.Rs. 20,000 crores
40. Egg is a rich source of nutrients except: