VITEEE 2011 Model Paper
PHYSICS (Question 1 to 60)
Q1 One centimeter on the main scale of venire calipers is divided into ten equal parts. If 10 divisions of venire scale coincide with 8 small divisions of the main scale, the least count of the calipers is
1. 0.01 cm
2. 0.02 cm
3. 0.05 cm
4. 0.005 cm
Q2. The relative density of the material of a body is the ratio of its weight in air and the loss of its weight in water. By using a spring balance, the weight of the body in air measured to be(5.00 0.05 N while in water it reads (4 ± 0.05)N . Then the maximum possible percentage error in relative density is
1. 11 %
2. 10 %
Q3. The pairs of physical quantities that have the same dimensions are
1. Reynolds number and coefficient of friction
2. Latent heat and gravitational potential
3. Curie and frequency of light wave
4. Planck’s constant and torque
Q4. There are some passengers inside a stationary railway compartment. The centre of mass of the compartment itself (without the passengers) is C1, while the centre of mass of the ‘compartment plus passengers’ system is C2. If the passengers move about inside the compartment.
1. Both C1 and C2 will move with respect to the ground
2. Neither C1 nor C2 will move with respect to the ground
3. C1 will move but C2 will be stationary with respect to the ground
4. C2 will move but C1 will be stationary with respect to the ground.
Q5. A satellite revolves around the earth in an elliptical orbit. Its speed:
1. Is the same at all points in the orbit
2. Is greatest when it is closest to the earth
3. Is greatest when it is farthest from the earth
4. Goes on increasing or decreasing continuously depending upon the mass of the satellite
Q6. A concrete sphere of radius R has a cavity of radius r which is packed with sawdust. The relative densities of concrete and sawdust are 2.4 and 0.3 respectively. For this sphere to float with its entire volume submerged under water, the ratio of the mass of concrete to the mass of sawdust will be
Q7 The rate of flow of a liquid through a capillary tube under a constant pressure head is Q. If the diameter of the tube is reduced to half and its length is doubled, then the new rate of flow of liquid will be
Q8. A Coil of inductance 300 mH and resistance 2Ω is connected to a source of voltage 2V. The current reaches half of its steady of its steady state value in
1. 0.15 s
2. 0.3 s
3. 0.5 s
4. 0.1 s
Q9. In a transformer, number of turns in the primary are 140 and that in the secondary are 280. If current In primary is 4A then that in the secondary is
Q10. According to kinetic theory of gases the temperature of a perfect gas is
1. Independent of the kinetic energy of the molecules.
2. Inversely proportional to kinetic energy of the molecules.
3. Directly proportional to both kinetic energy and potential energy of the molecules.
4. Directly proportional to kinetic energy of the molecules.
Q11. At absolute zero temperature
1. The molecule of gas will have the same velocity as at 0°C
2. The molecule of gas will have the same velocity as at 100°C
3. The molecule of the gas will have zero velocity.
4. Two molecule of the gas have very high velocities
Q12.A vessel contains 1 mole of O2 gas (molar mass 32) at a temperature T. The pressure of the gas is P. An identical vessel containing one mole of He gas (molar mass 4) at a temperature 2T has a pressure of
Click Here To Download VITEEE 2011 Model Paper
Click Here To VITEEE Previous Papers