Syllabus for Preliminary Examination :
Questions on English Composition will cover synonyms, antonyms, idioms and phrases, vocabulary test, phrasal verbs, the same words bearing more than one meaning, use of appropriate and qualifying words etc.
Final Examination Subjects:
Compulsory Papers :
1. English Composition, essay, précis writing ;
2. Bengali / Hindi / Urdu / Nepali composition, essay and translation from English into Bengali / Hindi /
Urdu / Nepali ;
3. General Knowledge and Current Affairs ;
4. Civil procedure Code ;
5. Criminal Procedure Code and Indian Penal Code ;
6. Indian Evidence Act ;
7. Law of Contracts and Torts and
8. Transfer of Property Act.
Optional Papers (any three to be chosen) :
1. Hindu Law ;
2. Muhammadan Law ;
3. Jurisprudence and principles of legislation ;
4. Indian Law relating to Companies and Insurance ;
5. Principles of Equity including the Law of Trusts and Specific Relief ;
6. Partnership Act ;
7. Law of Limitation and Law of Prescription ;
8. The Indian Constitution and Constitutional Law.
The standard of examination in the Law papers (Compulsory and Optional) will be that of the LL.B.
Degree of the Calcutta University. All answers must be written either in English or in Bengali (unless otherwise
directed in the question papers) except in the language papers
Click Here To WBPSC Prelims and Final Examination Pattern, Previous Papers